3rd August 2016, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a Deputy Collector through IAS Exam?

Hi Sir, I am doing MBA Prof. And I would like to become a Deputy Collector through IAS Examination. Please tell me all the Entrance Exams through which I can become Deputy Collector other than IAS and Please provide me the recommended books that are required.

3rd August 2016, 11:55 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Deputy Collector through IAS Exam?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for different services like IAS, IRS, IPS etc. For this examination, a candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The minimum age limit is 21 years.

There are three stages of this exam namely Preliminary examination, Mains exam and interview. Candidates who clear all these three stages are eligible to join different services. For becoming IAS officer, you must be among top 200 rankers of this exam.

The best books for preparation are as below:

>>Read all NCERT books from standard 6th to standard 12th.

>>Indian Polity by Laxmikant.

>>Modern Indian History by Bipan Chandra.

>>World History: Norman Lowe.

>>Economics by Ramesh Singh.

>>Geography by G.C Leong.

>>Read Daily newspaper, either The Indian Express or The Hindu.
4th August 2016, 10:51 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

If you want to become Collector then must face IAS exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. You must go through Civil Service Exam. A candidate must be graduate from a recognized university. This is a minimum qualification for this exam. Age must be between 21 years to 32 years. A candidate has to go through preliminary test & written exam, last is interview. So, to pass this exam you must study for 10-12 hours daily. You can UPSC Civil Service exam, you can buy books of S.Chand Publication,Arihant Publication. Join coaching classes to study well & to learn tricks of solving questions.
4th August 2016, 11:27 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Any candidates who clears all the three stages of Civil Services examination is eligible for becoming IAS officer if he/she has secured top ranks in this examination.

Eligibility criteria for this exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university to apply for this examination.

2. Age criteria: 21-32 years for general category candidates. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category. You can apply for this examination at http://www.upsconline.nic.in.

3. Books: You must refer to NCERT books. Spectrum publications books for History and culture books, Laxmikant for polity, Economics by Sanjiv Verma etc. Self discipline and motivation is necessary for this exam.
4th August 2016, 12:10 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I am doing MBA Prof. And I would like to become a Deputy Collector through IAS Examination. Please tell me all the Entrance Exams through which I can become Deputy Collector other than IAS and Please provide me the recommended books that are required.

To become Deputy Collector the candidate has to complete Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC. The civil service examination is common for IAS, IPS, IFS etc. There are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview for the selection. The candidates have to complete graduation in any discipline to appear for the Preliminary Examination. The maximum age limit will be 32 years. There are various coaching classes & books available for the civil service examination. The interested candidates can make use of it to clear the civil service examination. So after clearing the preliminary examination, they have to appear for main examination and finally interview. Based on the rank scored in the civil service examination the allotment to IAS, IPS etc will be done.
4th August 2016, 05:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all there is no direct procedure to become a deputy collector. You need to gain experience and then only you will get promoted to such level. You need to apply for UPSC civil services exam for which graduation is needed.

After cracking written exam and interview you will get the required training before getting absorbed as an IAS officer. If you have good track record then surely you will get promoted.
15th August 2020, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

How many years does it take to become a deputy collector after cracking the upsc exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?