7th January 2016, 07:28 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Short Service Commission as a Dentist?

Sir, i have completed my bachelor degree in dental surgery this year with one year rotatory internship. I have got 57% marks in final year. Now i want to join Indian army as a dentist. Sir would you please tell me the procedure to join for short service commission as a dentist?

7th January 2016, 08:02 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Short Service Commission as a Dentist?

One who wishes to join Short Service Commission as a Dentist has to apply for Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps (AD Corps).

Eligibility criteria :-

-It is necessary for a candidate to appear in All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Exam (AIPGDEE) to become eligible to apply.

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must hold BDS/MDS (with atleast 55% marks in final year BDS) from a College/University recognized by Dental Council of India (DCI) .

-The candidate should have completed one year rotatory Internship recognized by DCI.

-The candidate should posses Permanent Dental Registration Certificate.

-The candidate age should be less than 45 years as on 31 Dec of the year of examination.

-The candidate should be medically fit in all respects for service in the Armed Forces Medical Services.
7th January 2016, 09:18 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Short Service Commission as a Dentist?

Short Service Commission (SSC) invites the eligible candidates for the post Army Dental corps (AD Corps).

The eligibility requirements and selection details are given below.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidate should complete BDS/ MDS with at least 55% marks from a recognized university approved by Dental Council of India (DCI).

* Candidate should have completed one year of rotatory Internship recognized by DCI.

* Candidates age should not be less than 45 years.

* Candidate should be physically fit without any deformities.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

* Written examination.

* Medical Test.

* Personal Interview.

The candidate should download the application form, from the official website www.indianarmy.nic.in and then fill the form carefully, because the form will be rejected with incomplete information.

The filled application form with required documents are enclosed and send to the address given in the notification.

The candidates who are qualified in the written examination are selected for medical test and Personal Interview through which the candidates are selected for Dentist job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?