24th October 2014, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Required qualification to become a Commando?

Can a 12th pass commerce student is eligible for commando? /if not then can you tell me the commando qualification requirement?

12th December 2014, 08:50 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Required qualification to become a Commando?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can a 12th pass commerce student is eligible for commando? /if not then can you tell me the commando qualification requirement?
Commando is an elite force of Indian Army. So if you wanted to be a Commando you have to first of all join Indian Army as a Soldier or as an Officer. Indian Army issues notification time-to-time for recruitment of Commandos. Individuals working in the Army can apply and they have to undergo 6 months training in the Special Forces regiments.

Eligibility Criteria:

-> You must have complete 10th standard or any equivalent examination and there is no relaxation for the other cast people all have the same common rules.
-> Age limit should be You should not cross the maximum age limit of 23 years and have the minimum age limit of 18 years.
-> Your eyesight should be Normal and no defects i.e. 6/6. You must be an Indian citizen. Your height should be a minimum of 157 cm. You have to take the command training courses in specified steps.

To get into Indian Army, you have to write either of these two exams:

1. NDA for +2 passed candidates or
2. CDS for graduate candidates

First you have to go for the Aptitude test after that you have to go to the Interview with the Air force then get the pre-joining fitness test. There will be physical, mental and psychological tests carried out as part of the training. Those who successfully complete the hard training program can become Commandos within the Army.

Official Website - www.upsc.gov.in
19th June 2015, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Helo sir i am 12th pass student and i want
become black comando so what qualification required for this
4th August 2016, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my sslc with 65 percent and i have completed my 1st pu in science with 66 percent and my height is 166 m and my age is 18 I am eligible to join for commando post
29th September 2016, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have doing my B.Tech graduation final year. I'm interested to join in Indian army. what should i do now?
30th September 2016, 04:52 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

If you wish to join Indian Army then complete your graduation then apply for CDS exam. CDS stands for Combined Defence Service & it is administrated by UPSC. Only graduate candidates in any faculty are allowed to apply for CDS for Indian Army. There is entrance exam which you must clear then interview. So before applying complete your graduation.
22nd March 2017, 04:51 AM
Unregistered

I am Avinash pandey i am a 10th qualified and i am really wont to become a commando & my age i am 18 years old so what you give me a chance to work as a commando!
14th June 2017, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

I really want to join Indian para commando I love to do work for my country & die for my country please select me my no is 8623863853 it's my dream
3rd October 2018, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,i dream tobe an army and i have pass sslc exam 10th my hieght is 170cm and i don't how much do u want my chest body i am 18yrs now my chest is 97cm
13th October 2018, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

My self I am John I am 15 years old .My aim is to be a Para commando,but my parents are not allowing ,is my aim correct or wrong.what should I do from now to be para commando
23rd July 2019, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir my ambition and my dream is to become para commando sir choose me for it please for contact me 9933069510
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?