6th March 2018, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Guidelines to become an IPS Officer for 12th Science student? Qualification required to apply for UPSC IPS exam?

Hello, I am preparing for 12th Board exam. I have taken Science in 12th and doing well preparation. I want to become an IPS Officer. So, I know that I have to give UPSC exam. But I want to know about the qualification? And give me the right path to achieve my dream.

10th April 2018, 08:29 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidelines to become an IPS Officer for 12th Science student? Qualification required to apply for UPSC IPS exam?

In order to become an IPS Officer, you must have to appear in the Civil Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University can appear in the Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC.
So, you must have to complete your Graduation degree course in the relevant field, then you can appear in the examination in order to become an IPS Officer.

10th April 2018, 11:15 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidelines to become an IPS Officer for 12th Science student? Qualification required to apply for UPSC IPS exam?

To become an IPS officer after completion of your 12th standard with Science stream, you have to pursue Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. There is no need to choose any particular course to become an IPS officer. The age criteria required to apply for IPS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

10th April 2018, 11:33 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an IPS officer, you have to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. With this qualification you have to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC. To be eligible for the examination, your age should be minimum 21 years and you can apply upto 32 years. For OBC and SC/ST candidates the age is 35 years and 37 years. You must be an Indian citizen with a height of 165 cms and for women it is 150 cms. You must be physically fit and should have a good eyesight too.

11th April 2018, 12:20 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination for IAS, IPS, IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. You should have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

2. The minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can pursue bachelor's degree to become eligible for exam. During bachelor's degree prepare for examination with help of NCERT books or standard book then join a good coaching institute.

11th April 2018, 10:11 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Educational qualification required to become IPS Officer:

In order to become IPS officer, you are required to appear in an entrance examination called "Civil Services Aptitude Test" which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The basic qualification required is as follows,

>> Minimum qualification required is Graduation or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you are done with 12th Class, you will not be eligible to appear in IPS Examination. I suggest you to pursue Graduation after completion of 12th Class in order to be eligible for this recruitment.

>> The minimum age required is 21 years and maximum age must not exceed 30 years. Of course there will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

>> Selection process consists of CSAT Preliminary Examination, Main Examination followed by Personal Interview. Hence, you are required to qualify the rounds one by one in order to crack the examination.

11th April 2018, 05:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who want to get recruitment as an I.P.S Officer have to qualify for all three stages of Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years. So, you have to complete the bachelor degree course to appear for examination.

For more information regarding examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

11th April 2018, 10:01 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. IPS comes under Civil Services examination of Indian Government. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

>>Candidate should have minimum academic qualification of bachelor's degree to become eligible for this exam. You can pursue bachelor's degree to become eligible to apply for exam in final year of bachelor's degree.

>>The minimum age required for the exam is 21 years.

The different stages of this exam are:

Preliminary examination.

Mains examination.

Personal interview.

11th April 2018, 11:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. Candidates after qualifying in all stages will become eligible for recruitment as an officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

The examination is conducted in three stages - Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

The fundamental and most important to start preparation for examination is start reading NCERT books and the Hindu or The Express newspaper.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

12th April 2018, 09:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know is that for becoming an IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as given below:-

* You must hold the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing the final year of their bachelor degree are also eligible.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness as the service requirement norm for the IPS wing of civil services examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?