18th November 2015, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

What can i do after B.Sc. completion in order to become an IPS officer?

Jay hind sir,

I am Waqar Taneez shah. I want to become an ips officer. I am doing B.Sc 1st year. So please tell me what should i do after B.Sc. for being eligible for the ips entrance exam?

18th November 2015, 07:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can i do after B.Sc. completion in order to become an IPS officer?

Basically in order to be eligible to become IPS Officer, you must have "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since you are going to complete B.Sc in 2 years, you do not need to do any course later after completion of B.Sc course. Because B.Sc qualification alone is adequate in order to appear in CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test), you are certainly eligible. CSAT Entrance Examination is the IPS entrance examination which is to be written well and get qualified in order to become IPS Officer.

Minimum Educational Qualification:

>> Graduate Degree (Or) Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) Graduate Degree is eligible for appearing in IPS Entrance Examination.

>> If you are really interested to pursue higher studies, then you may go with M.Sc (Master of Science) Course.

19th November 2015, 12:03 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What can i do after B.Sc. completion in order to become an IPS officer?

Yes, you are eligible to become the IPS officer after the B.Sc course. To become the IPS officer you have to qualify in the civil services examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years with the relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

So, you need to start the preparation to qualify in the different stages of examination. The examination is conducted in the three stages.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.

19th November 2015, 03:49 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can surely become an IPS officer and can surely opt for IPS entrance examination after having scored 59% in your 12th standard as the minimum eligibility to be able to appear for the Civil Service Examination is that the candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any Discipline from a recognized University.

Therefore, you can opt for civil service examination after the completion of your after your graduation in order to become an IPS officer.

25th November 2015, 02:27 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

To become IPS officer, you have to clear civil service exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC every year in three stages viz. prelims, mains and interview.

This exam is highly competitive, you have to work hard for next 2 to 3 years.

Exam pattern :

Prelims is objective type paper. There are two papers, one is general science paper and second is aptitude paper.

Mains is subjective type. Here you have general science and optional papers. Optional paper is the subject you have to choose from the list of subjects provided by upsc.

Interview is the final stage which you can attend only after clearing Mains. Prelims is just qualifying exam.

For preparation and further guidance you can join coaching or take help online material.

These websites will be helpful in your preparations :

mrunal.org
forumias.com
upscportal.com
upsc.gov.in
insightsonindia.com

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?