4th November 2022, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

What to do to become an IAS, IPS or IRS?

Sir i am a student of class 12th pcm i want to become a ias or ips, irs. I thought that after 12th go in engeenearing or BSE college, arts college please tell me that after 12th what to do?

5th November 2022, 10:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do to become an IAS, IPS or IRS?

The first thing I would like to let you know that you can opt for any subject as per your interest and strength for appearing in the Civil Services examination which you need to qualify for becoming an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) or IPS (Indian Police Service) or IRS (Indian Revenue Service) officer as for the same examination graduate in any discipline are eligible to appear and the examination pattern and syllabus for the same examination is designed such that it seems fair to graduate from any discipline.

Further, in my advice you should opt for the stream as per your strength as it will provide you opportunity other than the Civil Services examination if you are not able to qualify the same examination or in case you do not like the services.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
6th November 2022, 12:09 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.R.S etc candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The common eligibilty to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years and relaxation in upper age limit for the reserved category. Examination is conducted in three stages and cansi have to appear and qualify in all stages of the examination for the final selection.
6th November 2022, 11:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue any course after 12th as per your interest to become eligible for Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Examination is conducted in three stages. For further detail information about the examination and the syllabus with respect to examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?