10th December 2016, 07:25 PM
Anany10899

What is the minimum height required to join the Army? How can I apply for the same?

Respected Sir, I was born in Maharashtra and my height is 162 cm. Can I join the Indian Army as an Officer with this height. I have this query because I have heard that minimum height requirement varies according to the place you hail from. So please help me solve my problem.

12th December 2016, 07:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum height required to join the Army? How can I apply for the same?

The minimum height varies for various posts and also there is relaxation available for candidates who belong to hill or mountains or even wards of Indian Army or any defense forces. For soldier posts, then minimum height required is 169 cm. Hence, you can't apply for such posts.

You can try for officers posts or any other tradesman job in Indian Army for which your height is fine. Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and physical fitness test or SSB interview according to the post.
12th December 2016, 08:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum height required to join the Army? How can I apply for the same?

First thing I would like to know you that to be an officer in Indian Army you have to options which are as mentioned below :-

a) Recruitment through NDA ( National Defense Academy ) for which you will have to qualify NDA entrance examination for which you need to be an unmarried Indian male candiate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years. Also you need to be a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

b) Recruitment through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) for which you will need to qualify CDS entrance examination for which you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 19 years to 24 years. Also you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

As far as you are concerned about minimum height requirement for the officers post then it is 152 cm and hence being 162 cm tall you are eligible on this prespective.

For more details about these entries in Indian Army you can log on to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?