24th September 2016, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to pursue career in IAF? Guidance to clear SSB?

I want to join IAF. What is the procedure to pursue career in IAF? I am also having good physical fitness, just need proper guidance to clear the SSB. Please help me out. My e-mail address is [email protected].

26th September 2016, 03:12 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the procedure to pursue career in IAF? Guidance to clear SSB?

It is nice to see that you want to pursue your career in the IAF. The IAF can be joined through two ways :

1. Through CDSE
2. Through the AFCAT

The procedure for both of them is as follows :

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.

AFCAT stands for the Air Force Common Admission Test.

It is the test conducted by the India Air Force twice the year for the recruitment of Engineers as the officers in the IAF.

According to the notification released by the IAF, the eligibility criteria is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the Engineering (BE/BTech) from any stream.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your Engineering degree.

For SSB, I can only say that is a thorough test of your personality and you have to be yourself there. You cannot fake anything else you will be caught. So, I advice you to join any coaching for that as well before going to the SSB. It will help you a great extent.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?