15th March 2023, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

What are the procedures or any kind of exam being held to get job in Indian Army?

I am continuing my masters in sociology. I want to know that what are the procedures or any kind of exam being held to get job in indian army especially lieutenant or other destinations in indian army for women??

4th May 2023, 12:45 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the procedures or any kind of exam being held to get job in Indian Army?

As a Master's student in Sociology, you can apply for the following entry schemes to join the Indian Army as an officer:

> Combined Defense Services (CDS) Examination: The CDS exam is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). It is open to graduates from any stream, including Sociology. Successful candidates are selected for training at the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Officers Training Academy (OTA), Air Force Academy (AFA), and Naval Academy (NA).

> Technical Graduate Course (TGC): The TGC is open to engineering graduates, including those with a degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE), which may be relevant to your field of study. The TGC is conducted twice a year, and successful candidates are selected for training at the Indian Military Academy (IMA).

> Short Service Commission (SSC): The SSC is open to graduates from any stream, including Sociology. Women can also apply for the SSC. The SSC is conducted twice a year, and successful candidates are selected for training at the Officers Training Academy (OTA).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?