10th December 2016, 11:15 AM
aarenkeriguru

What is the Qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army?

Respected Sir, I have always wanted to join the Indian Army and serve my Country so I want to know what is the Qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the Qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army?
  2. How can a girl join the Indian Army after completing BA? What are the qualification and Physical criteria required?
  3. How can I join the Indian Army in the Medical field? What is the qualification criteria required?
  4. How can I join the Indian Army after completing B.Tech 3rd year Electronics and Communication? What is the Physical criteria required for the same?
  5. Eligibility criteria and physical qualification required to become an Indian Army Para Commando? When the application form be out?
  6. Qualification criteria for joining the Indian Army as a Psychologist?
  7. Can I join the Indian Navy after completing class 10th? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  8. How can I join Indian Army after studying in N.M.Ed? What are the physical requirements?
  9. How can I join Indian Army being a 12th female candidate? Qualification required to join?
  10. How to become a Para Commando in Indian Army? What are the qualification and physical fitness required for it? -- [New]
  11. How can I join Indian Army? What is the educational qualification and the physical ability requirement?
  12. What is the qualification criteria required to join the Indian Navy? Which entrance exam should I write?
  13. Qualification and physical abilities required to join Army?
  14. What kind of Physical test is required to join Indian Army? Minimum height and weight required to join?
  15. What is the procedure, eligibility criteria, educational qualification and physical fitness to join Indian Army GD? Which type of relaxation present there?
  16. What should I do after class 10th to join the Indian Army? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Army?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria required required to join the Indian Army as a Soldier?
  18. What is the physical fitness required to join Indian Army? -- [Most Discussed]
16th December 2016, 08:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the Qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army?

Educational Qualification Required for the post of Indian Army:

In general, the basic qualification required for the post of GD is "Matriculation" or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university and candidates must have studied Science and English as main subjects. And the minimum age required for GD in Indian Army is 17 1/2 years and the maximum age must not exceed 23 years. You can also join Indian Army through NDA Examination for which the basic qualification required is 12th Class and the minimum age required is 16.5 years and the maximum age must not exceed 19 years.

Minimum height must be 167 cms and there will be relaxation in height for some regional candidates. Minimum chest must not be less than 77 cms and there is a minimum expansion of 5 cm.
19th December 2016, 12:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the Qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenkeriguru View Post
Respected Sir, I have always wanted to join the Indian Army and serve my Country so I want to know what is the Qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army? Please answer as soon as possible.
Physical fitness criteria for Indian Army exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?