18th May 2015, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Army being a 12th female candidate? Qualification required to join?

Hi Sir/Mam,
I am a student of class 12 and I have strongly spirit to join Indian Army and do some work for my Nation and my name is Diksha Shah and I am a female. Kindly tell me how I can join India Army? What qualification is necessary for joining?

22nd May 2015, 02:56 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army being a 12th female candidate? Qualification required to join?

Female candidates are not eligible to apply for Indian army after intermediate. So, being a intermediate candidate you are not eligible to apply. Only unmarried male intermediate candidates are eligible to apply for Indian army candidates. If you want join Indian army then you have to finish your degree course. After completing degree, you are eligible to apply for Indian army and they are: CDS examination and NCC Special Entry Scheme Examination.
22nd May 2015, 04:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army being a 12th female candidate? Qualification required to join?

No, 12th standard female candidates are not eligible for Indian Army. But if you once completed graduation degree then you can apply for Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
22nd May 2015, 05:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Army being a female candidate. Only Unmarried male candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognised board are eligible to join Indian Army by appearing in NDA examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any stream from a recognised board.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 19 years.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
26th May 2015, 03:09 PM
kunalroy89

Being a Female candidate,you are NOT eligible for defence services as of now.Female candidates at Intermediate level are not eligible for Army/AirForce/Navy.
But,you can go for Army or AirForce after Graduation.You would be eligible then after Graduation.
You can join Army through CDS exam after Graduation.You would be eligible for OTA. Graduation from any stream is eligible and age limit should be 19-25years but earlier the better.
If you go for Technical degree i,e. B.E/B.Tech then you would be eligible for TGC i.e Technical Graduate Course.
You can also join Airforce after graduation through AFCAT.Lots of vacancies are there for females in Airforce through AFCAT.Technical degree holders will be eligible for pilot posts and other graduates are eligible for Ground staff and logistics duty.

But currently you are NOT eligible.Study hard and keep working out as you can fulfill your dream and get into defence after graduation.
Check the following official websites of Indian Army and Airforce to know about the exam details and physical standards required:
www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
www.careerairforce.nic.in
1st June 2015, 12:34 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Being a female candidate ,you can't apply for the defense services after passing 12th.For that,you have to first complete your graduation degree.After that you can apply for the defense services through CDS exam conducted by the UPSC .

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The qualification required for

Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy-Graduation in any discipline.

Indian Naval Academy-Bachelor of Engineering.

Indian Air Force Academy-10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

-For CDS exam,the age limit for

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.
27th May 2018, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Being a female candidate can i join in Indian navy after completing my graduation degree ?
8th December 2020, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

I am 20 year old and i have completed my degree(bcom). I want to join Indian army...which type work are there in army for girls??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?