13th April 2014, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

Admission to English Honours at St.Xaviers College, Kolkata

My daughter is expecting 90 percent plus marks in English.She is studying in Mahadevi Birla World Academy affiliated to CBSE board.What are her chances in getting admission in English honours in St.Xaviers College?

Related Questions:
8th May 2014, 11:15 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Admission to English Honours at St.Xaviers College, Kolkata

St. Xavier College is very reputed college and it also provides many courses along with MBA. And as your daughter had good marks in English then it is possibility to get admission there. But remember that admission is on the basis of merit list. So your daughter should apply for the Xavier college and should fill the application form after getting name in merit list your daughter gets admission there.

English is a good subject and there is lots of scope in this subject and your daughter wants to apply for the English honors then it is best for her and for her career and if she has good English and communication skills then it is best for her career.

After that she may apply for the job in abroad also and after doing masters in English she can apply for the UGC NET exam after that she will be able to get job in many colleges and this is best for her.

Instead this there are also many other colleges in which she can apply and she has to apply for any other college for admission by chance if she will not getting admission there then she at least able to apply there for admission.
30th June 2014, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

I am expecting 95 plus marks in english in my ISC exam.... what are the chances or what is the cut off for getting admission in english honours..?????
18th May 2016, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

I want to know which type ques ask in entrance exam of Eng Hons in DU.
Plzz tell me
6th June 2017, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

I want to know that is there will be a admission test for English Honours course 2017-18?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?