4th June 2017, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue law at the age of 45 years?

I am 45 years old. I have done my diploma in fabrication technology and erection engineering, regular 4 years course. After 10th way back in 1993. Want to practice law. What options are available for me?

4th June 2017, 11:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue law at the age of 45 years?

For law course at most most of the universities in India, there is an upper age limit. If you are 45 years of age, then you will be eligible only for distance mode courses.

Regular law course is not available after a certain age. You can go for distance mode course, but Bar Council approval will not be there for distance mode course.
4th June 2017, 11:28 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Law Degree can be taken in two ways:-

5 years integrated LLB after 12th in any stream with 50% marks from a recognised board with the age of 20 years.

3 years LLB after completion of graduation in any stream with at least 40% marks from recognised university at the age of 30 years.

So at the age of 45 years, you are not eligible to apply for any LLB degree.
4th June 2017, 11:40 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue LLB course. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard or graduation from recognized bodies are eligible for the 5 years and 3 years LLB course. There is no age limit to pursue this course. You have completed your diploma qualification after 10th standard and not 12th, so you are not eligible for LLb course.
4th June 2017, 11:51 PM
mrghost
Member+

Eligibility criteria for law course:-

- You must pass 12th from any recognised board.

- You must have minimum 45% marks in 12th.

- Relaxation of 5% is given to Sc / St categories.

- Age limit
> for five year law course - 20 to 22 years.
> for 3 years law course - 30 to 45 years.

Law course personal traits:-

-Self confidence
- Good communication and persentable skills.
- Updated information on any changes in law .
- Good oral and written communication skills.
4th June 2017, 11:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes as per the latest rules and regulations you are eligible to apply for LLB course at the age of 45 years. The bar council of India has decided as an entrim measure, to increase the upper age limit for 5 year LLB course from 20 to 22 and for 3 year LLB from 30 to 45.
But for that a candidate must have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University with minimum 45% marks.
5th June 2017, 02:42 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, of course you can pursue LLB at the age of 45 as there is no maximum age limit specified by Bar Council of India. To get admission in this course you have to give Common Law Admission Test. You can pursue this course in correspondence. Thanks
5th June 2017, 05:02 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to pursue law as you have crossed the age limit for LLB course that is 30 years.
Eligibility criteria:
>A candidate with Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized board is eligible.
>A candidate should have completed graduation with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognized university.
>Age limit for general category cast is 30 years and for SC/ST, it is 35 years.
6th June 2017, 12:24 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue law even at the age of 45 years. According to the Bar Council, there is no certain maximum age limit in order to pursue 45 years.

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for pursuing Law is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

As there is no certain limit on age criteria, I am Happy to say that you are eligible to pursue Law course at the age of 45 years.

Other options available for you are B.E/ B.Tech in Engineering after successful completion of Diploma in Fabrication Technology and Erection Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?