22nd November 2017, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Admission in MBBS or BDS is possible under defence category?

I have got 242 marks in NEET. And my state category rank is 5541 and defence category is 22. Will I get admission in MBBS or BDS in Maharashtra state?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get MBBS or BDS in government colleges under Defence Personnel quota? -- [New]
  2. Cutoff list for first year MBBS and BDS in defence category?
  3. How many seats are reserved under defence quota for NEET? What is the approximate cutoff required to be eligible?
  4. Will I get admission in MBBS or BDS with 875 rank in MBBS/BDS exam? What is the fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What is the fee requirement to get admission in MBBS/BDS? I am from SC category
  6. Can I get admission in government MBBS or BDS college in MP? I have scored 114 marks and belong to SC category
  7. Can I get job in Abroad after completing BDS? What is the scope of BDS over MBBS?
  8. Any chance to get admission in self financing MBBS/BDS colleges under government quota after scoring 5375 rank in KEAM? What is the need of category rank list?
  9. What is the fees for admission in MBBS and BDS courses?
  10. Will I get admission in MBBS or BDS with 269 marks in NEET?
  11. Cutoff list in Maharashtra for BDS, MBBS and Physiotherapy courses in reserved category?
  12. Can I get admission in MBBS or BDS in state if secured 69 rank in Jharkhand AIPMT being a SC candidate?
  13. Will I be able to take admission in MBBS course while I am pursing BDS?
  14. Can I get MBBS/BDS seat after scoring 587 in general category
  15. Will I get admission in MBBS or BDS if secured 1790 general rank in KIITEE?
  16. Am I eligible to get admission in MBBS after BDS and complete in just one year and do next year internship?
  17. After scoring 8425 rank in BDS and 15500 in MBBS in Manipal can I get a seat in college? Will I get admission in good BDS or MBBS college after scoring 72 in COMEDK?
  18. Can I get admission for MBBS or BDS in government college in Maharashtra after scoring 124 marks? I am from Open Category
22nd November 2017, 09:14 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in MBBS or BDS is possible under defence category?

Eligibility criteria to appear in AFMC exam:

Candidate must be an Indian citizen.

Applying a candidate must be unmarried.

Candidate's age must be 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.

Candidate must pass plus two from recognised board with physics, chemistry, biology and English subjects.

Candidates who will be short listed on the basis of NEET will be called for test of English language, comprehension, logic and reasoning and interview conducted by a FMC and it will be held in the month of June 2018.

This is the procedure how you can join MBBS in defence.
23rd November 2017, 01:11 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in some of the Colleges through defense quota after qualifying in the NEET examination.
Since, you have a state rank of 5541 and defense category rank of 22, you must have to participate in the counselling process and enroll yourself.
In the counselling process, you can then get chance to grab a seat through defense quota.
23rd November 2017, 07:24 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, it is quite possible to get benefit of defence quota in NEET entrance exam while taking admission in MBBS or BDS through counselling process. So, you need to appear/participate in counselling of NEET to avail benefit of defence quota. It completely depends on counselling whether you get MBBS or BDS seat in Maharashtra state or not, therefore I would advise you to participate/appear in the counselling to avail the benefit of defence quota.
23rd November 2017, 09:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Defence category is not available in normal medical colleges. Only colleges under administration of defence forces will have such quota like AFMC.

Under NEET, there isn't any such quota. If you are getting admission in college like AFMC, then you can benefit from such quota.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?