26th November 2021, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

After BCS can I get admission in 2nd year of BTech software engineering?

After BCS can I get admission in 2nd year of BTech software engineering?

27th November 2021, 11:59 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After BCS can I get admission in 2nd year of BTech software engineering?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course after bachelor in computer science.

The lateral entry is offered only after the diploma course.
27th November 2021, 07:51 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After BCS can I get admission in 2nd year of BTech software engineering?

BCS is a undergraduate degree.Yes,you are eligible by Lateral entry for engineering courses after completing BCS course.
You can do BCS course after 12th with Mathematics with minimum 45%marks from a recognized university.
28th November 2021, 12:21 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. After completing BCS, you are eligible to get admission in the 2nd year of BTech software engineering.
28th November 2021, 10:14 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech is Bachelor in Technology. It is four year course from a recognised university.

The eligibility to pursue the course through lateral entry is that candidate must have passed diploma course from a recognised institution.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in 2nd year after BCS.
28th November 2021, 06:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for lateral entry ( 2nd year B.Tech ) :-

Candidate must have passed diploma from a recognised institution.

Bachelor degree students are not eligible to get admission through lateral entry.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course.
29th November 2021, 08:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- Yes, it is possible to join BTech course after completing Bachelor of Computer Applications through the lateral entry scheme which is offered by most of the engineering colleges in India and the lateral entry is only given to the candidates who have either completed diploma in Engineering or bachelor of science course.

There would not be any issues for you applying for the lateral entry scheme. Candidates can apply for admission in Engineering College through lateral entry scheme.
Some universities provide direct admission based on the performance in the qualifying examination however, some universities conduct entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?