24th March 2015, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join IAS after completing B.Sc General?

Sir
Can you please help me how to join
IAS after my Graduation?
I am doing B.Sc General.
I am eligible to join IAS?
Waiting for your reply.

1st April 2015, 08:22 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join IAS after completing B.Sc General?

Yeah sure, you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination after completing B.Sc general. Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for this examination is that candidate should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Those candidates who have appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply. Candidate age should be between 21 years to 32 years at the time of appearing for this examination. The selection process of this examination will be based on preliminary round, main exam and followed by personal interview.

IAS Exam notification will be published in the month of May/June in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper. Only online mode of application forms are available and there is no offline mode of application forms.
1st April 2015, 01:21 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Of course, you are certainly eligible to appear in IAS Examination after successful completion of B.Sc (General) degree. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in IAS Entrance Examination is "Graduation" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

Minimum Educational Qualification Required:

>> Minimum Degree of a Recognized University in ANY DISCIPLINE or its equivalent examination

>> Candidates appearing in the requisite degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination.

>> You can apply for IAS Examination when you will be in B.Sc third year or later.

How to Join IAS After your Graduation:

>> To join IAS, you are required to CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) entrance examination (Preliminary). After qualifying Prelims, you will be called for Main Examination followed by Interview.

>> If you successfully clear all the 3 rounds you can join IAS based on the marks secured together in rounds.

>> Notification of this Examination will be released in the month of November/ December and the next conduct of examination will be held in the month of May.

Click here for Latest Recruitment Details
1st April 2015, 05:30 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes ,you are eligible to join I.A.S after your B.Sc (Graduation).But there is no special examination for it. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility criteria is graduation passed or even final year students can apply for it.

The age of candidates must be between :
21-30 years for General category.
21-33 years for OBC candidates.
21-35 years for SC/ST candidates.

The examination is conducted in three parts:-
1.Preliminary.
2.Mains.
3.Interview.

The candidates must have to qualify in each of the stages to move to the next round.
2nd April 2015, 01:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
IAS after my Graduation?
I am doing B.Sc General.
Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Administrative Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
3rd April 2015, 12:00 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
IAS after my Graduation?
I am doing B.Sc General.
Waiting for your reply.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

UPSC conducts the Civil Services exam and IAS exam is a part of it. To join in as a IAS officer you need to apply for IAS exam. This exam is held every year.

Having completed B.sc General you are eligible for applying as per the educational qualification. The educational qualification for the IAS exam states that candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

The other criteria's includes such as candidate should have Citizenship in India. Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category candidate and for SC/St it is 21-35 years, OBC candidate it is 21-33 years.

The candidate who satisfies all these above criteria's is eligible for applying for the IAS exam which can be done in 2 ways;
  1. ONLINE
  2. OFFLINE

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd April 2015, 01:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you are eligible to join I.A.S after B.Sc ( General ) . The eligibility criteria for I.A.S ( Indian Administrative Service ) examination conducted by UPSC every year as CSAT is :--

A graduate aspirants or even in the final year of graduation can apply but the degree must be from a recognized university .

The age of the candidates must be ---
21-30 years for general candidates .
21-33 years for OBC candidates .
21-35 years for SC/ST candidates .

The application forms will be relased in the month of May and examination is on 23rd August 2015 of Preliminary paper only selected candidates are eligible to go for Mains in December 2015 .
3rd April 2015, 01:47 PM
amanshrivastava98

According to the job notification released by the UPSC, the minimum eligibility criteria for a candidate seeking the netry in the civil services examination is as follows :

* The candidate should be a graduate from any recognized university under the scheme of 10+2+3

* The candidate should be 21-32 at the time of application for a general candidate.

So, Don't worry you are eligible.
3rd April 2015, 03:18 PM
Ashwakh

Generally , to apply for the Indian Administrative Service exam , one should have completed Graduation in any course like B.com , B.sc , B.A , B.tech , etc. from a Recgonised university . It doesnt matter whether you have completed your degree in B.sc general or in physics or in chemistry , etc..

So , you can apply for the IAS exam once you have completed your Graduation .

And , note that ,

~ Your age shouldbe in between 21-30 years , if you belong to General category
~ Your age shouldbe in between 21-33 years , if you belong to OBC Category
~ Your age shouldbe in between 21-35 years , if you belong to SC , ST Category
4th April 2015, 02:00 PM
kunalroy89

There is no fixed course of Graduation for eligibility in Civil services.
You need to be a graduate or in final year of graduation regardless of your graduation subject to be eligible for the Civil services exam.
What subject you choose for the mains exam that depends solely on your own choice.
The notification for Civil service will come out probably around May.
Check out the website of Upsc at www.upsc.gov.in.
for previous year papers and other details
8th April 2015, 08:56 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

Hello friend

I have the solution for your problem it is.

1.The eligibility criteria for IAS exam are as follows.

-->Candidate must have completed degree/graduation from the recognized university
-->Candidate must have age between 21-30 years.

2.As you have completed your B.Sc there is no problem with your educational qualification.

3.So you check your age that must be between 21-30 years.

4.If you have the age as above mentioned then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Hope this information is helpful to you.................

Have a nice day.................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?