25th November 2013, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Ed possible having 49% marks in graduation? Correspondence course other than B.Ed?

Sir, i have pass my graduation with 49%marks. And post graduation with 48%marks. now i want to do B.ed,so please tell me can its possible and if yes, than how can. And if not, than tell some other corespodence course that helps me to make my carrier and also help me to get job.

10th December 2013, 12:41 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Post Re: Is B.Ed possible having 49% marks in graduation? Correspondence course other than B.Ed?

It is good to see your interest in teaching field. Bachelor of Education is an important course which is considered essential to be eligible for teacher post in various schools especially the government schools. There are various institutes being opened up both government as well as private in this field to ensure more and more candidates get their Bachelor of Education degree and get into the teaching field. This is because there is a shortage of efficient teachers especially in the technical fields.

However,we are sorry to state that you are not eligible for Bachelor of Education degree course. This is because you do not satisfy the eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Education course in various recognized institutes of India. As per the eligibility criteria of council of teacher’s association of India, one needs to have atleast 50% in their graduate or post-graduate course to pursue Bachelor of Education course. Since your percentage is below 50% in both graduate as well as post-graduate course so you are not eligible.

Even various institutes which conduct correspondence course in this field like Ignou have kept the eligibility criteria as 50% in graduation or post-graduation. Hence the chance of correspondence course is also less. However,there are few private institutes who offer such course to candidates holding above 45%. But you need to be aware of them since most of them are not properly holding the recognition status or have got their recognition by some sort of scam or duplicacy.

Hence, you should get you some schools,can be private or government and experience for few years. Then you can undertake Bachelor of Education course since for experienced candidates, the eligibility criteria of 50% in graduation or post-graduation does not imply.
11th December 2013, 11:58 AM
Satybarole

Default Re: Is B.Ed possible having 49% marks in graduation? Correspondence course other than B.Ed?

Hi,
I think you can do you B. Ed because I don't think there is any rule is there that passed students with 50% are not allowed.
Engineering Services
11th December 2013, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is B.Ed possible having 49% marks in graduation? Correspondence course other than B.Ed?

I have less than 50% in Graduation and Post Graduation but I have Work experience of more than 2Years. Am I eligible for B.ED ?? If not B.ED then please suggest me some teaching professional degree.
7th September 2014, 03:33 PM
Elasaran

Smile Re: Is B.Ed possible having 49% marks in graduation? Correspondence course other than B.Ed?

No problem. It's possible other correspondence course. Graduation teaching field is very nice to do.
29th March 2017, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

I want appear for B.E.D CET. But my aggregate marks of bachelor's degree is below 50% but my M.com marks r above 50%. Am I eligible for CET
5th February 2021, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam I have passed Post graduated with 49 '/, percent but Can I do Bed cource ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?