24th July 2010, 08:06 PM
dvnaganjani

Civil Services Exams based on Post Graduation Marks Because of Low Marks in Graduation

Hi,
I have completed my m.c.a this year and i am 26y. I want to write civil s exam.The question is i have secured 76% in m.c.a and other exams except my degree exam. I got 59.88%(2 marks less to 60%). I heard that a candidate who wishes to attempt for civil s must have >60% in degree.cant i attempt my exam on my m.c.a %.
Thanks for reading this mail and please reply me sir/mam.
Thanking you
Anjani

Related Questions:
  1. How much percentage is required for B.Com?
  2. Is there any University take in candidates for B.Ed based on the post graduation course?
  3. Can I get admission to any of the post graduation course when I have not scored 50% marks in Graduation?
  4. What to do after my degree in M.A? Are there any good options?
  5. How should I join classes after passing 12th? I have passed SSC
  6. Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 56% in class 12th,, 61% in class 10th, B.E?
  7. MBA with 43% marks in Graduation? Other options with such low marks in Graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What is the minimum marks required in graduation for getting admission of post graduation course?
  9. How can I do B.Ed course even when scored only 49% marks in Graduation and 48% in Post Graduation?
  10. Can I apply for B.Ed after graduation with 47% and post graduation with 64% marks? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible for SET exam in Maths subject after doing BSc in Chemistry
  12. Am I eligible to sit for placements in companies after scoring 82% in 10th, 56% in 12th, 84% in B.Tech
  13. How to do B.Ed after scoring 49% marks in graduation and 48% marks in PG
  14. How to do B.Ed after scoring 49% marks in graduation and 48% marks in PG?
  15. Can I apply for B.Ed on the basis of Post Graduation?
  16. Various options available for me in B.Ed for Post Graduation? I've done graduation with history hon's with 47% marks and M.A with mass communication with 60% marks
  17. Am i eligible to appear in UPTET? I've less than 50% marks in graduation but attained more than 50% marks in both post graduation and B.Ed
  18. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Ed course with 48% marks in Graduation?
25th July 2010, 09:03 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Civil Services Exams based on Post Graduation Marks Because of Low Marks in Graduation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvnaganjani View Post
Hi,
I have completed my m.c.a this year and i am 26y. I want to write civil s exam.The question is i have secured 76% in m.c.a and other exams except my degree exam. I got 59.88%(2 marks less to 60%). I heard that a candidate who wishes to attempt for civil s must have >60% in degree.cant i attempt my exam on my m.c.a %.
Thanking you
Anjani
Dear friend
The minimum qualification for civil services is graduation degree from any college/univ. recognized by govt. of India. The 60% marks requirement is not mentioned anywhere. You can apply with less than 60% marks also. The age limit for general category students is 30 years so you have hardly three attempts remaining if you apply the forthcoming year. also the no. of attempts is limited to 4 attempts for general category students.
Thank You.
25th July 2010, 11:45 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Civil Services Exams based on Post Graduation Marks Because of Low Marks in Graduation

Hello friend,
The minimum educational qualification required to write the Civil Service Exam is a bachelor's degree from a recognised institute. As far as percentage of marks is concerned, there is no such standard set by UPSC. Candidates from any stream and with less then 60% marks, are eligible for the examination. You should have attained the age of 21 years and should not be over 30 years. (relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC).

The selection process includes 3 stages
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Exam
3. Interview

After successful completion of the preliminary exam, you will be eligible to write the main examination which will be followed by interview.

The application form for the Civil Service Exams is available in the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices. The filled application form should be submitted to
Secretary,
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House
Shahjahan Road
New Delhi - 110069

For any particular information , do visit the official website of UPSC.
www.upsc.gov.in
25th July 2010, 06:25 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend but i have heard that there no percentage eligibility... if you want you can check out thsi website the information because in that they have not mentioned about the percentage required.. if they require also there'll be around 55% so check out http://http://www.civilserviceindia....igibility.html
regards
azhar
25th July 2010, 11:54 PM
sharad3010

Quote:
Hi,
Thanking you
Anjani
hey anjali

The minimum qualification for civil services is graduation degree from any college/univ. recognized by govt. of India. The 60% marks requirement is not mentioned anywhere. You can apply with less than 60% marks also. The age limit for general category students is 30 years so you have hardly three attempts remaining if you apply the forthcoming year. also the no. of attempts is limited to 4 attempts for general category students.

so jst start preparing
good luck
26th July 2010, 02:30 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

there is no criteria such as 60% marks at graduation. So you need not worry about it.
Apply with full confidence.

Good Luck!
3rd August 2010, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

how many attempts can made for civil services is there any limit for atempts upto 30 years how many time a candidate can attend
5th October 2010, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

i have 49 % in graduation and 85 in mba. which banks' po i can apply for ?
6th October 2010, 01:35 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Civil Services Exams based on Post Graduation Marks Because of Low Marks in Graduation

Quote:
Hi,
Thanking you
Anjani
Dear friend,

minimum qualification for civil services is graduation . from any college/university. recognized by govt. of India.

I do not see any where that 60% marks is requirement.please check twice.

main criteria is the age limit, for general category students is 30 years so you can three attempts remaining if you apply the forthcoming year.

also the no. of attempts is limited to 4 attempts for general category students.

keep pripraring.

good luck.
9th October 2010, 07:51 AM
Merlin.T.S

I'm doing my degree now.I want to write Civil Services exam.But I have failed in one paper last year.I have average 75% marks for all other exams.I can complete degree with 75% in second chance.Can I apply for the exam with my degree marks?
Thanking for your reply
11th November 2010, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

hey ye aap logo ne kya kiya merit na test ki jiye direct jo aap ar diye hai ye aap logo ne aacha nahi kiya bahut logo ko sukcide karne par majbur kar diya hai isiliye plaease koi eligibilty criteria nahi rakheain hard se hard ritesh her
15th November 2010, 11:06 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
there is no such criteria like you should get 60% and all...dont worry about it..main criteria is only the age limit...minimum qualification to take up the test is you must have done your graduation..

good luck
24th June 2011, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, iam 23 yrs, i had completed the graduation. i would like to write the UPSC exam in home itself. how can i get the study materials for this? and which type of books are suitable ? and my optional subject is chemistry,public administration. and tell the author name.please reply me soon..........NANDHINI
31st January 2012, 09:43 PM
swati_forum

Hello friend,
The minimum educational qualification required to write the Civil Service Exam is a bachelor's degree from a recognised institute. As far as percentage of marks is concerned, there is no such standard set by UPSC. Candidates from any stream and with less then 60% marks, are eligible for the examination. You should have attained the age of 21 years and should not be over 30 years. (relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC).

The selection process includes 3 stages
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Exam
3. Interview

After successful completion of the preliminary exam, you will be eligible to write the main examination which will be followed by interview.

The application form for the Civil Service Exams is available in the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices. The filled application form should be submitted to
Secretary,
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House
Shahjahan Road
New Delhi - 110069

For any particular information , do visit the official website of UPSC.
www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?