19th December 2013, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

BAMS graduate can apply for studies in Food Nutrition? Universities offering courses?

I am a B.A.M.S(bachelor in ayurvedic medicine and surgery) graduate.can i apply for studies in food nutrition and dietetic degree course.kindly guide me if i can do it through correspondance.which university is best for the correspondance course in food nutriton and dietetics degree.does it has the same value as regular mode.please guide

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects to choose in 11th and 12th? I have just passed 10th
  2. Which are the distant learning universities in India offering masters in Food and Nutrition? Is there any degree course in Diabetology?
  3. Do I have to appear for any exam to do further studies in BAMS in abroad? List of the best universities abroad in Ayurveda Field? Which are the courses related to my field and procedure to apply?
  4. Which are the PG courses that I can choose after graduating in BAMS?
  5. What is the procedure to get admission in MSc in food nutrition dietetics
  6. What is the scope of food and nutrition hons? Can I apply for a job after completing BSc?
  7. Names of the universities providing higher studies in dairy technology and food industry courses in New Zealand or Australia?
  8. How to apply for BAMS PG entrance if I am interested to do PG? I am a BAMS graduate
  9. Am I eligible for doing M.Sc in Food and Nutrition being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Sc in Life Science? Which colleges can I apply for this course?
  10. Information about Post Graduate diploma courses after BAMS in Punjab?
  11. Am I eligible for Food Tech/Pharma based nutrition jobs? I have done my HSc in Food and Nutrition
  12. Can I do MSc in food and nutrition after doing BSc in Biotechnology? In which colleges are these courses available?
  13. Which are the colleges offering Post Graduation in Food Technology?
  14. Universities offering M.Sc. nutrition in distance mode -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Universities offering Hindi Ph.D course in distance mode? How to apply for those universities?
  16. How to pursue MSc Nutrition through distance education? I am a graduate in App Nutrition
  17. How to apply for Ph.D and internship from AIMS after completing MSc in food and nutrition with 78% marks?
  18. What can I do after passing 12th?
24th December 2013, 06:08 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BAMS graduate can apply for studies in Food Nutrition? Universities offering courses?

It is good to see your interest in other field which are not related to the mainstream of your study. Having a degree of BAMS and then going for other fields like food and nutrition will definitely add value to your resume and will increase the job opportunities for you. Food and nutrition is an evergreen which has seen tremendous increase in demand of efficient professionals. As more and more people are getting health conscious, so the professionals related to nutrition and dietetics are highly demanded.

You can definitely apply for studies in food nutrition and dietetics course. However, there are very few institutes in India which conduct correspondence course in the this field. The institutes where you can pursue correspondence in nutrition and dietetics course are as follows :-

-I. C. COLLEGE OF HOME SCIENCE
-Govt. Home Science College, Chandigarh
-Lady Irwin College
-Amity University
-MMM College of Nursing
-Sree Vidyanikethan College of Nursing

Correspondence course definitely does not hold equal value as the regular degree course. Regular course are always preferred more by the recruiters as compared to the correspondence course. However correspondence course candidates having job experience are preferred more by the recruiters than simply regular candidates.
20th February 2017, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: BAMS graduate can apply for studies in Food Nutrition? Universities offering courses?

Any diploma in dietician n nutritionist college in Bangalore plz help me I'm BAMS & D.Pharmacy holder
6th August 2018, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I go abroad to study pg( nutrition and dietics) after bams. If yes then what are the requirements need to apply. Which are the universities which offer nutrition and dietics course
19th May 2019, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am graduated and holding bams degree ,I want to do nutritionist and dietian diploma course .Am I eligible for it ?? Tell me the procedure and other university and college admission detail .
22nd January 2020, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi I had completed my msc in food science and nutrition so shall I do BAMS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?