28th January 2018, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

Is biology required for hotel management?

I am planning to drop biology. So, I just wanted to know if biology is required to pursue hotel management courses or not? What's the role of this subject?

28th January 2018, 12:10 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is biology required for hotel management?

There are different levels of hotel management course, like certification course, undergraduate course, post graduation course etc. Candidates who have completed their 10th, 12th and graduation from a recognized body can pursue the course according to their qualification. There is no specific subject or stream required for the course, so candidates from any stream can pursue the course. Hence, it is also not at all mandatory to pursue biology and, therefore you can drop it without any hesitation.
28th January 2018, 01:46 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am planning to drop biology. So, I just wanted to know if biology is required to pursue hotel management courses or not? What's the role of this subject?

No, biology is not required for hotel management courses. Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations in any stream are eligible to apply for the hotel management courses like BA Hotel Management or BSc Hotel Management or Bachelor of Hotel Management. Duration of the above mentioned courses is three years only. Candidates are admitted to the above mentioned courses on the basis of marks scored in the 10+2. Some reputed colleges may conduct an entrance examination also for the admission. Therefore, biology is not required for hotel management courses.
28th January 2018, 02:08 PM
Somya0511

Arrow Re: Is biology required for hotel management?

No, As per the eligibility criteria of any course related to hotel management anyone who is 12th pass out (with any stream or subject ) is eligible.
You can take admission in any prestigious institute of hotel management provided you fit in the merit list.
28th January 2018, 09:28 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Any stream candidate can apply in this course.

Minimum eligibility criteria for Hotel Management course:-

12th passed with English is compulsory subject or equivalent qualification with 50% marks.

Age should not be more than 22 years.

Not all but most of the reputed colleges offering hotel management course conducted entrance examination.

Only students who qualified this entrance examination can apply in this course.

Entrance exam pattern:-

Numerical ability
Reasoning
General knowledge
Aptitude for service sector
English.
28th January 2018, 10:12 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not a compulsion to do your 10 + 2 with Biology stream in order to pursue Hotel Management degree course because as per the minimum qualification required for this course is any stream.
So, the candidate from any stream can apply for this course.
22nd December 2022, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

I want to study hospitality management but I did not have biology in my O%u2019level result
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?