25th June 2020, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in ECET next year being a BTech student?

Hi everyone, I have joined BTech in free quota but I don't want to continue in that college yet it too late. So, I want to write ECET as I did Diploma course. If I continue BTech then is there any chance to appear for the ECET next year?

29th April 2021, 09:09 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in ECET next year being a BTech student?

Eligibility criteria for ECET :-

> Qualification:-

Candidates should obtain the diploma in engineering and technology/ pharmacy from the State board of technical education.

Or

The candidate should pass the 3 year of a BSc degree with mathematics as one of the subject in group combination from a recognised University.

> Candidate should obtain the 45% marks (40% marks for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.

> Candidates should be the Indian National citizen.
16th March 2023, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

As a btech 1st year student am I eligible to write ap ecet...?!
25th March 2023, 09:18 PM
Ar_pit

It depends on the rules and regulations of the specific state or university conducting the Engineering Common Entrance Test (ECET). Generally, ECET is conducted for admission to lateral entry engineering programs such as B.E./B.Tech. (second year) and B.Pharmacy (second year) for diploma and B.Sc. (Mathematics) degree holders.

As you are already pursuing a BTech course, which is a four-year undergraduate engineering program, you may not be eligible to appear for ECET for lateral entry admission to the second year of a BTech program. However, if you are interested in pursuing a different engineering program for which ECET is conducted, you may be eligible to appear for the exam.

It is recommended to check the eligibility criteria and rules of the specific state or university conducting ECET to determine whether you are eligible to appear for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?