24th May 2016, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in KEAM to study MBBS in Kerala being a B.Tech 2nd year student?

Respected Sir,
I am a B.Tech student in Kerala. Currently, I am doing 2nd year B.Tech course. I had opted PCMB for 12th standard and my aim was to become a Doctor. But under certain circumstances I had to join B.Tech. I am not at all interested in getting into any of its related jobs. So, could you please let me know whether I will be able to write KEAM now and to join for MBBS in Kerala? Kindly waiting for your reply. Thanking you!
Your's Faithfully
Anju

25th May 2016, 07:35 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in KEAM to study MBBS in Kerala being a B.Tech 2nd year student?

Kerala Medical entrance exam is conducted by the government of Kerala for the candidates who wishes to take admission in the various medical colleges in Kerala.

Kerala government conduct common Entrance Exam with the name KEAM (Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Common Entrance Exam ) for admission in engineering, agriculture and medical courses .

Yes, you can appear for KEAM to study MBBS as there is no age limit to apply for the exam.

Eligibility criteria to apply for Kerala Medical Entrance Exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent qualification with Physics, Chemistry and Biology .

-The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Biology/Biotechnology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.

-The candidate appearing for Higher Secondary examination are also eligible to apply for the test.

-The candidate minimum age limit to apply for the exam is 17 years and there is no upper age limit to apply for the exam .

The entrance exam will be for two papers. Paper I is for Physics & Chemistry and Paper II is for Biology.

26th May 2016, 09:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in KEAM to study MBBS in Kerala being a B.Tech 2nd year student?

If you have passed class 12th with PCB stream then surely you will be eligible for MBBS entrance exams. There is no upper age limit for medical entrance exam if you are willing to get admission in private medical colleges.

Hence, be prepared for KEAM if you are wiling to change course to MBBS. Admission is also available through management quota if you have funds.

26th May 2016, 10:30 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much appear for KEAM examination and after clearing of the examination, you will be very much eligible to get admission in MBBS course in any good college in Kerala. You should however start preparing at the earliest as cracking KEAM examination is not a matter of joke.

24th September 2019, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for keam exam? Iam now studying in GEC idukki college for mechanical

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?