25th June 2020, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for the UPSC exams through distance BSc course?

Dear friends, I have joined ITI course. I did 12th and I am also planning to do BSc through distance education. I am also planning to appear for the UPSC exams. So, distance BSc is valid for such exams?

29th June 2020, 11:56 AM
Edu_tech

Default Re: Can I appear for the UPSC exams through distance BSc course?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC to recruit candidates for IAS, IPS etc.
Applicants who have completed their graduation degree from distance mode or regular mode are eligible to appear for Civil Service exam but degree must be obtained from recognized University.
29th June 2020, 06:38 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibility to appear for the UPSC examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in regular or distance mode.

So, distance B.Sc is from a recognised university is valid to become eligible to appear in the exam. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2020, 11:46 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely apply for UPSC examinations even after completion of degree course in distance mode provided your degree course is offered by a university recognised for offering distance education program and you satisfy all requirements for appearing in the concerned examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?