8th June 2020, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IPS Officer through BA(History) Honours course?

Respected Sir/Madam, after completing my 12th, I am interested to join BA in History Honours. My aim is to become an IPS Officer and I belong to SC caste category. So, with this Degree, I can become an IPS Officer?

13th June 2020, 06:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS Officer through BA(History) Honours course?

To be an IPS (Indian Police Service) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination and therefore to become an IPS officer is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree course are also eligible.

So, even you opt for History as your subject for Graduation degree course, you will be eligible to become an IPS officer provided you satisfy criteria other than the educational requirement also.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th June 2020, 08:32 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, definitely you can become an IPS (Indian Police Service) officer after completing your Bachelor's degree in Arts stream with History as your honours paper as there is no compulsion of a particular subject/stream to be pursued at any level of academics to be eligible for becoming an IPS officer.

Further, to be an IPS officer, you will be required to clear the Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC and for complete details regarding the same examination, you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2020, 11:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You can become an I.P.S Officer and achieve your aim after qualifying in all the three stages of Civil Service examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. You can appear for the examination after or in the final year of bachelor degree course.

As you are interested in B.A History, you are eligible to pursue any course in bachelor degree.

For syllabus and other information about Civil Service examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
16th June 2020, 10:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become IPS officer, you will have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in three stages.

The common eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in any discipline.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can pursue B.A History and can than appear for the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?