27th January 2017, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I choose in class 12th to become an IPS Officer? Is Maths an Important subject to become an IPS Officer?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th now and I want to become an IPS Officer so I want to know which subjects should I choose in class 12th to become an IPS Officer? Is Maths an Important subject to become an IPS Officer? Please answer as soon as possible.

29th January 2017, 03:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose in class 12th to become an IPS Officer? Is Maths an Important subject to become an IPS Officer?

You are eligible to pursue any stream in 12th and even in the bachelor degree to appear for Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC and candidates have to qualify in three stages of examination for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

No, it is not compulsory to have Mathematics as main paper to appear for examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th January 2017, 05:41 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose in class 12th to become an IPS Officer? Is Maths an Important subject to become an IPS Officer?

Mathematics is not an important subject for joining Indian Police Services. Indian Police Services comes under Civil Services.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. You should have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this entrance examination.

2. Minimum age limit is 21 years.

Any discipline graduate can apply for this examination. It means you can pursue 12th and bachelor's degree in any stream of your choice. UPSC does not mention any specific stream or subjects for this exam. Candidates are free to choose any subject in 12th and bachelor's degree for this exam.

You can either select science stream or commerce or arts stream as per interest.
29th January 2017, 07:24 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, Mathematics is not a compulsory paper to have in 12th or bachelor degree to appear for Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC for selection of I.A.S, I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

But, if you want the suggestion from my side in selection of bachelor degree stream I will suggest you to select the stream in which you have more interest because it will be helpful for you during the Mains (2nd stage) of examination.
29th January 2017, 10:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You can select any subject of your choice in standard 12th to become Indian Police Services. Candidates who wish to join different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc have to appear for Civil Services examination and clear different stages of this examination.

The eligibility criteria for this examination is bachelor's degree. You can either take science stream or commerce or arts stream. In recent years, science stream candidates have done well in Civil Services examination. But subject should be selected as per choice. If you select subject of your choice, you will surely do well in that subject and stream.

In mains exam, try to select subject related to your stream so that you can score more in this exam.
31st January 2017, 08:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th now and I want to become an IPS Officer so I want to know which subjects should I choose in class 12th to become an IPS Officer? Is Maths an Important subject to become an IPS Officer? Please answer as soon as possible.
After completion of 10th standard, you can do 12th in Arts. Then you can do B.A in History or Geography to become an IPS officer. This exam conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam.

No, mathematics is not important subject for Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
15th September 2017, 10:50 PM
richa_2392

Thumbs up Re: Which subjects should I choose in class 12th to become an IPS Officer? Is Maths an Important subject to become an IPS Officer?

You can go for any stream you wish for. UPSC is open to all. But yes if you want to take advantage of your graduation subjects while preparing for UPSC you may go for bachelor of arts(B. A). You will have a lot of options like Poiticall science, history, geography, etc. Take up any subject of your choice.
23rd November 2017, 07:36 AM
nishanth60

#IPS(Indian police services) examination is conducted by UPSC every year.
#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IBPS exam is Graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university.
#Age limit to apply for IPS exam is 21-32 years for General category candidates and the age relaxations are as per government regulations.
#And the selection process of IPS exam is preliminary exam,mains and personal interview followed by medical test.
#So,first you have to complete your 12 th standard and then graduation to apply for IPS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?