1st April 2019, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BTech(Biomedical Engineering) after completing 12th Science?

Hi everyone, can I know my eligibility to do BTech(Biomedical Engineering) as I am a student of 12th Science so I will be able to do this BTech? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

4th April 2019, 09:49 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BTech(Biomedical Engineering) after completing 12th Science?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.Tech (Biomedical Engineering) course after completion of 12th standard Science stream. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics, English and Chemistry/ Biology subjects from a recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Tech (Biomedical Engineering) course. Admissions to B.Tech (Biomedical Engineering) course are done through entrance examination conducted by the respective state/ college/ university.
4th April 2019, 03:38 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BTech(Biomedical Engineering) after completing 12th Science?

Yes, you can definitely eligible to study BTech(Biomedical Engineering) after completing 12th Science. You should have passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as compulsory subjects from a recognized board. You will need to have qualify an entrance exam to get admission in BTech(Biomedical Engineering) course after clearing 12th class.
4th April 2019, 04:58 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Can I do BTech(Biomedical Engineering) after completing 12th Science:-

As per the information available, you can certainly pursue B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering.

You must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with minimum 50% ( it is 45% for reserved category students) with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology.

You should have attained the age of 17 years at the time of admission.

The duration of the Course‎ is ‎4 years.

You can directly contact the college, you want to take admission for detailed information.
4th April 2019, 07:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to have class 12th qualification with physics, chemistry, maths and biology from a recognised board to become eligible for B.Tech (Biomedical Engineering). Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.

Just make sure you have got at least 50% marks in aggregate in your class 12th board exam so that you are eligible for the entrance exam. Admission will be in merit according to your rank.
4th April 2019, 11:47 PM
bokoma
Member+

Yes, you are eligible for doing Biomedical Engineering as your undergraduate course. However most universities set their minimum eligible marks above 50 percentage. Therefore work hard to get more than 50% to be on safe side in terms of eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?