28th June 2021, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I do final year of BSc through distance mode?

I have completed my 2 year BSc from Dr. BRAU Agra, can I complete my BSc from distance in one year some how I mean the final year?

29th June 2021, 12:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do final year of BSc through distance mode?

--- NO, it is not possible for you to pursue final year of Bachelor of Science degree course through distance mode, if you have already completed your two years of Bachelor of Science degree course through regular mode.
You have to continue in your 3rd year through regular mode only.
There is no such procedure that one can do two years from regular mode and one year from distance mode.
However, after passing your third year from regular mode if you want to pursue Masters course then you will have the option to take admission in an Open University like Indira Gandhi National Open University.
29th June 2021, 04:41 PM
Oneplus8T
Senior Member+

Your decision to shift to deemed to be university when you are in the final year of your graduation is of course quite tough to take but your logic is also quite good. Placements do play a vital role in the life of a student. You need to approach your intended university for finding out details of the procedure involved. Just remember, it's possible and do not take no for an answer.
29th June 2021, 07:32 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° As per my knowledge, it is not possible for you to pursue third year of Bsc through distance mode.
According to the rules, if one has taken admission in BSc course through regular mode then he or she has to complete all the three years through regular mode only and if one has taken admission through distance mode then he or she has to complete all the three years through distance mode only.
Hence, you have to continue in your BSc through regular mode only.
But in case if you want to pursue Master of science course in future then you can complete it through distance mode.
29th June 2021, 08:45 PM
periwinkle09876

No, it is not possible to do final year graduation through correspondence mode. You need to pursue three years graduation only in one mode whether it is regular mode or correspondence mode.
But you cannot pursue two years course in regular mode and final year in correspondence mode.
30th June 2021, 06:55 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible that you can do the final year through distance mode but for that, you need to contact your college authority. However, distance education in India always gets secondary treatment, and clearing graduation through a regular mode is easier. If your university accepts less attendance then in that case you can continue the regular course.

By converting the course into a distance degree will reduce the value so it not advisable. It is completely your choice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?