19th September 2021, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in BCA while I'm passing 12th from biology?

Sir can you pls tell me that can I get admission in BCA with bio. Actually sir before I choose BCA my 12th form had already filled so I'm little confuse bcz some friends said that it's possible bt somes are said it's not so plz tell nd clear my doubt sir. I only want degree in bca.

20th September 2021, 05:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in BCA while I'm passing 12th from biology?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Computer Application course even after passing 12th with Biology stream.
BCA is Bachelor in computer application. It is three years course from recognised University.
The required eligibility to apply for the recruitment is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with PCM as main subject.

There are many colleges offering the BCA course.
Some of the reputed universities conduct entrance examination however, there are some colleges which give admission on the basis of merit.
20th September 2021, 07:06 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

BCA is Bachelor in Computer Application. It is three year course from a recognised university.

The eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board. The required stream varies with institution.

So, you can visit the official website of the institution to get detail information about the admission procedure.
20th September 2021, 08:17 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BCA is an easy course compared to B.Sc(Maths,Physics,Chemistry), To pursue a BCA programme, one need to not have Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects in Class 12th class. Infact, an Arts or Commerce student can join the course as well.

But some institutions allow only maths students to join BCA.
20th September 2021, 10:23 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in BCA while passing 12th from biology. To pursue this course one need not have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as subjects in class 12th. Some universities allow only Mathematics students to join BCA which you can check before applying for this course.

The minimum qualification required to study BCA is a candidate must have passed 10+2 in any stream with a minimum score of 45% to 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized board. This pass percentage might vary from college to college. Some colleges/universities take admission on a merit basis while some admit on the basis of written examinations and personal interviews.
20th September 2021, 10:29 PM
periwinkle09876

YES, you can do a BCA course despite being a Biology student.
Eligibility for BCA in most of the top universities is pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10 + 2.
BCA is designed to build programming skills for developing efficient and resource Optimisation software/website/ Cloud/mobile applications.

Top universities to pursue BCA after Biology

Lovely Professional University, Punjab

Hansraj College, Delhi

Loyola College, Chennai

Saint Joseph College of Commerce, Bangalore
21st September 2021, 12:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir can you pls tell me that can I get admission in BCA with bio. Actually sir before I choose BCA my 12th form had already filled so I'm little confuse bcz some friends said that it's possible bt somes are said it's not so plz tell nd clear my doubt sir. I only want degree in bca.
Yes, you can get admission in BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
21st September 2021, 01:48 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BCA is an easy course compared to BSc
To pursue a BCA programme one need not to you have physics, chemistry and maths as a subjects in class 12th class. in fact an arts or commerce students can join the course as well. but some institutions allow only maths students to join BCA.
Some universities match is compulsory in 12th to join for BCA (Delhi University, Amity University) and in some universities maths is not compulsory to join for BCA (lovely professional University).

Eligibility:-
> the candidate should clear 12th examination from a recognised board or education in any stream.
> The candidate should have minimum 50% at 10 + 2 level examination.
21st September 2021, 12:18 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

For doing BCA ,minimum of 50% marks is required from recognised board..

Some colleges give preference to maths, while others don't..

For BCA programme, every university requires maths, computer science or information practise..8f you have any of these subjects in class 12th, you are eligible..
21st September 2021, 09:11 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Actually some of the colleges and Universities don't accept candidates with biology in 12th for BCA admission however, there are many other private and Government colleges which may allow you to take admission in BCA course.
Firstly, you have to decide that in which college you want to take admission and then, you have to consult with that college about the eligibility criteria.

°°° BCA course eligibility criteria after 12th

The candidate must have passed 12th with 50% minimum aggregate marks.

°°° Entrance exams

IPU CET

BCA KIITEE

BCA LUCSAT

BCA PESSAT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?