5th June 2015, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do BCA after passing class 12th with Biology? Is maths required for BCA?

i was having science bio in class 12th and now i want to apply for BCA! is the base of maths required in BCA?

I am really worried fr maths. Please help me.

5th June 2015, 10:04 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do BCA after passing class 12th with Biology? Is maths required for BCA?

Yes, it is possible to do BCA after passing class 12th with Biology.

Mathematics is not required for BCA. Some colleges may insist candidates should have mathematics in 12th class but it is not compulsory.
5th June 2015, 10:08 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Is it possible to do BCA after passing class 12th with Biology? Is maths required for BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i was having science bio in class 12th and now i want to apply for BCA! is the base of maths required in BCA?

Well, if you have studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard, then definitely you are eligible for BCA. However, some BCA private colleges may also give admission for those who had not studied the Mathematics subject.

The minimum educational criteria required for BCA is a pass in 12th standard with Mathematics subject from a recognized board. The candidates must need at least 50% of marks in the 12th standard. Most of the colleges need the candidates to be at least 17 years old.

Yes, of course mathematics subject it is necessary for BCA course and you must study Mathematics subject in BCA as well. So, if you are not good in Mathematics subject, then BCA is not good choice for you.
5th June 2015, 11:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

If you have completed 12th standard with bio science then you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
5th June 2015, 11:36 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

It is a graduation degree course of three year duration divided into 6 semesters .

The candidate must have passed Higher Secondary School Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks to get admission in the BCA course .

The candidate must have pursued HSC degree in Science stream with Physics and Chemistry.

Most of the institutes insists that the candidate must have pursued Mathematics in their 12th class.
5th June 2015, 01:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Generally, to be eligible for doing BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications) course candidates must have completed 12th Class with Mathematics as one of the subjects. But remember, there are many colleges that does not ask candidates to have pursued Mathematics as a compulsory subjects. So there is a possibility of doing BCA course even after passing 12th Class with Biology subject. The basic educational qualification or required eligibility criteria is given below,

>> Candidates must have passed 12th Class or Intermediate in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks.

>> Generally many colleges demand candidates to pursue "Mathematics" as a compulsory subject. Still there are colleges that do not ask candidates to have pursued Mathematics as compulsory subject, they are
* College of Business Studies, Delhi University
* Lucknow University
* Kurukshetra University
* Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
5th June 2015, 03:40 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join in BCA course, because candidates who have completed their 12th standard with Mathematics subject are only eligible to join in BCA course. So, as a candidate who are from PCB course, you are not eligible to apply for admission in BCA course.
5th June 2015, 04:05 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

There are many institutions available which are offering the BCA(Bachelors in Computer Application) course.

The eligibility criteria for this BCA course are as follows.

.Candidate must have qualified Higher Secondary Education or Equivalent,
.Candidate must have attained minimum of 50% marks in his/her 12th standard.
.Candidate must have pursued science subjects(Physics & Chemistry) in 12th standard.

Most of the Institutes also insist for the mathematics subject to be included in their 12th standard.

But few institutes are offering this course for non-maths students also.

But the count of these colleges is less when compared with colleges for maths students.
So it will be difficult for you to find the best college among these non-maths colleges.

Hope this information is helpful to you................
5th June 2015, 06:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the Universities ask for Maths in 10+2 if you are going for BCA course. Hence, it will be difficult for you to get admission in a good University because most of them ask for maths in 10+2 for admission. There are some Universities like IGNOU and other distance education universities which will give you admission without any problem.

If you are looking for admission in top Universities then you might face rejection because it is clearly written in the eligibility criteria that you must have maths in 10+2.
5th June 2015, 08:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the BCA course which is three year course. BCA stands for the Bachelor Of Computer Application.

The eligibility for the most of the institute is similar :-

* Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.

Note :- The aggregate in the 10+2 and the subject in it whether Mathematics or Biology other than the Physics, Chemistry depend on the eligibility for the institute.

So you have to visit the college official portal or to it's campus to get the detail regarding it.

List of some of the best colleges for the BCA course is :-
* Christ college , Karanataka.
* Mount Cameral ,Bangalore.
* Presidency college , Tamil Nadu.
5th June 2015, 09:51 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course, you must have studied 12th with Mathematics as compulsory subject to apply for BCA course. Without studying Mathematics at intermediate level admission is difficult in top colleges. You won't get the admission in top colleges. But, you can get the admission in other private colleges. Even, you can try for BCA course through entrance examination which is conducted by other reputed universities. The application forms will be available in the month of March or April in the official website.
16th March 2021, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

Is there any college in Gwalior which offers BCA for the students without maths in 12th class but having physics, chemistry and computer science?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?