24th January 2019, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I score good marks in JEE Main having good command on NCERT books?

Sir, I am studying in class 12th from CBSE Board. I don't want to go for any coaching and my stream is BIPC. I want to score good marks in JEE Main. Being perfect in NCERT books can help in scoring good marks in JEE Main or not?

30th January 2019, 03:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I score good marks in JEE Main having good command on NCERT books?

Let me tell you a very important thing to score good marks in any entrance examination such as Engineering or medical.
As you are saying that you have good command over NCERT books hence, there are chances that you are done with 70% of the work but the questions that are being asked in the question paper will be kind of tricky questions and asked in depth, so along with NCERT books you should have good command over the previous year question papers as well as mock tests also because by practicing question papers you will able to complete your paper on time.

More over one more thing that I would like to tell you is to practice all the questions that are given at the end of each chapter in NCERT books along with reference book if you follow any.
31st January 2019, 01:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I score good marks in JEE Main having good command on NCERT books?

1. When your stream is BIPC then how can you apply for Joint Entrance Examination. You must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th to apply for JEE examination. Minimum of 75% marks in board exam is required.

2. NCERT books are good for conceptual clarity but some more standard books have to be followed for JEE exam.
31st January 2019, 08:06 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** As per my knowledge, yes you can score good marks in JEE Main having good command on NCERT books.

** The all the question in the examination will come from the NCERT books.

OTHER BEST BOOKS FOR YOU

1. Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma

2. Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verm

3. Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon

4. Organic Chemistry by Paula Bruice Yurkanis
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?