19th August 2021, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I still apply for UGC NET to become a lecturer in DU having different subject in graduation and masters?

Hi I have done graduation in B.A. Advertising from D.U. I am pursuing my masters in English from IGNOU. Can I still apply for UGC NET to become a lecturer in DU?

21st August 2021, 11:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I still apply for UGC NET to become a lecturer in DU having different subject in graduation and masters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi I have done graduation in B.A. Advertising from D.U. I am pursuing my masters in English from IGNOU. Can I still apply for UGC NET to become a lecturer in DU?
You can apply for UGC NET exam in LS post in English subject because you are doing masters degree in English.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 30 years.
24th August 2021, 12:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I still apply for UGC NET to become a lecturer in DU having different subject in graduation and masters?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and it is held by NTA twice every year on the behalf of UGC for offering lectureship and research fellowships across various varsities.

Further, the basic qualification required for appearing in UGC NET is a Master's degree (in the paper opted as Paper II of the same examination) with at least 55% marks in aggregate (or 50% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category candidates) from a recognized university. Candidates can also apply for the same examination while being in the final year of their master degree.

So, being a student of Master's degree in English at IGNOU, you can definitely appear in UGC NET by opting English as Paper II irrespective of your previous educational qualification.

For more details regarding UGC NET, you can refer to the link www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?