25th July 2018, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BTech after completing BSc(IT)?

Hello guys, I am a BSc(IT) student of 2nd year. I want to study BTech after my BSc(IT). Is it possible? Can I eligible for admission? I have studied Science in 12th. Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

28th July 2018, 12:13 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech after completing BSc(IT)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello guys, I am a BSc(IT) student of 2nd year. I want to study BTech after my BSc(IT). Is it possible? Can I eligible for admission? I have studied Science in 12th. Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

Yes, you can study BTech after completion of BSc IT. You can join BTech (lateral entry) after completion of BSc IT. If selected, you will be admitted directly to the second year of BTech course. You have to appear for an entrance examination for the admission to study BTech through lateral entry mode. You should have passed the BSc IT from a recognized university with at least 45% marks and passed the XII standard with Mathematics as a subject to study BTech. Many engineering colleges in India offer BTech through lateral entry.
28th July 2018, 01:01 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech after completing BSc(IT)?

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and it is a professional bachelor degree course of four years after completing which one heads toward becoming an engineer.

The minimum education required for pursuing B.Tech degree course is a higher secondary school degree in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% marks from a recognized board of education.

Now, as far as you are concerned about your possibility to pursue B.tech degree course being a second year student of B.Sc (IT) degree course then you are certainly eligible for pursuing B.Tech degree course as the minimum education requirement for pursuing B.Sc(IT) degre course is similar to that for B.Tech degree course but you will have to leave your B.Sc(IT) degree course and start from the first year of B.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?