14th April 2018, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BTech after completing BSc(IT)?

Hello guys, I am a BSc(Information Technology) student of 2nd year. I want to study BTech after my BSc(IT). Is it possible? Can I eligible for admission? I have studied science in 12th.

8th May 2018, 04:17 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech after completing BSc(IT)?

Yes, you will be eligible to pursue B.Tech after completion of B.Sc in IT course. But doing B.Tech (Bachelor's) after B.Sc IT which is a Bachelor's Degree is not recommended as this way consumes your career as far as the years of study are concerned.

As you are done with 12th Class, you may pursue B.Tech based on 12th qualification itself and no need to further continue B.Sc course. But besides meeting this 12th class criteria, you are required to pass any state or central level engineering entrance examinations for getting admission.

Hence, I suggest you to make analysis of years of study and then further take decision towards choosing bright career as I have already mentioned my view above.
8th May 2018, 09:38 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Eligibility Conditions for B.Tech IT from a recognised university.

If you want to take admission in B.Tech IT then you should have passed class 12th with mathematics and physics as compulsory subjects from a recognised board.

There is no age limit in getting admission in B.Sc IT from any university that is why you are eligible but one thing you need to remember that some universities requires fixed percentage marks which are as per their rules so you must visit at the official website of the university and know more details.

Some universities conduct entrance test to provide admission in B.Tech IT so you should also take care of that test and only qualified candidates are allowed to get admission.

One more thing you need to remember that you can get admission in B.Tech IT only after B.Sc completion because at the same time two graduate degrees can not be done that is why you have to take care so first complete your B.Sc then go to B.Tech.

B.Sc IT is almost same as B.Tech IT but there is a difference that B.Sc will be your science degree and B.Tech will be your engineering degree so engineering degree is preferred more in both private and govt. jobs and campus selection as well.
8th May 2018, 10:29 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can opt for B.Tech degree course after the completion of B.Sc in IT, there is no problem in it.
You can opt for the B.Tech course on the basis of class 12th qualification.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in Science stream studying PCM as a subject combination from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the B.Tech degree course in Information Technology.
8th May 2018, 11:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can take admission in B.Tech, provided you fulfill the age criteria for the entrance exam. Most of the engineering entrance exam have an upper age limit of 25 years.

Hence, if your age is below 25 years, then you definitely have chance of admission, provided you perform well in the entrance exam.
9th May 2018, 09:56 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to study B.Tech course after completion of your B.Sc. (IT) course. To be eligible to pursue B.Tech course, you should have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Engineering course from a recognised board/ institute. You have to appear in National/ State/ University level engineering entrance examinations like JEE, EAMCET, etc., to get admission for pursuing B.Tech course. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have also studied 12th standard Science stream, so, you are eligible to study B.Tech course.
9th May 2018, 11:02 PM
ranu shahi

Yes of course, you can study B.Tech even after completing B.SC IT.
As you are already completing a graduation degree and no need to pursue a graduation degree again. But if you are interested to pursue one more time from other stream then it is also possible.
To get admission you must have completed Intermediate from Science stream having Maths as main subject.
You can also get admission directly as well as after clearing entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?