24th March 2015, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I study M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Sir,
I am studying B.Tech 3rd year in Mechanical Engineering.
Is there any chance to join in Aeronautical Engineering
in M.Tech after completion of my B.Tech course?
Kindly let me know immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. After B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering can I do M.Tech in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering?
  2. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  4. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  5. Can I study M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  6. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  7. How to do M.Tech in IIT after pursuing B.Tech 2nd year Aeronautical engineering?
  8. How can I study M.Tech in Abroad after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?
  9. Which is a better university to study Aeronautical Engineering? Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
  10. Possibility to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) in Abroad after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Am I eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma mechanical with 70%? List of Aeronautical Engineering colleges in Maharashtra?
  12. Which is a better university for studying Aeronautical Engineering? Marks needed in 10th and 12th to study this course? Fee structure and is there any placement assurance?
  13. Can I pursue M.Tech in Petroleum Engineering after completing B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering?
  14. Can I complete Aeronautical Engineering by taking educational loan?
  15. Eligibility for aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in mechanical engineering? Fee structure of Aeronautical engineering?
  16. How to join M.Tech Mechanical Engineering through distance education after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. How to study M.E in Mechanical Engineering after doing final year Aeronautical Engineering
  18. Where can I try for job after completing Aeronautical Engineering?
30th March 2015, 04:00 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, you can join in M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering, even if you have completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. Almost students from all branches are eligible to apply for M.Tech admission in Aeronautical Engineering. To get admission in M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering, your GATE Paper must be Aerospace Engineering or Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. So, try to give GATE exam in any of these three papers and apply for M.Tech admission in Aeronautical Engineering
31st March 2015, 08:02 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I study M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am studying B.Tech 3rd year in Mechanical Engineering.
Is there any chance to join in Aeronautical Engineering
in M.Tech after completion of my B.Tech course?
Kindly let me know immediately.
Yes, you are eligible to do M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.

However , whatever you have learnt in B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering will not be applicable or will not help you while doing M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering.

I would advice you to go with M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering for great future and good skill set.

You can appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering to pursue M.Tech in top engineering colleges in India. This exam is conducted once in a year in online mode . You must have good technical skills to crack this exam.
2nd April 2015, 01:01 PM
kunalroy89

Yes you are eligible. M.Tech in Aeronautical is completely possible after B.Tech in Mechanical.You can apply in GATE for M.Tech.
But better option would be to opt for M.Tech in Mechanical itself. It would increase your scope of jobs.And most importantly M.Tech mechanical are also eligible for the jobs for which M.Tech aeronautical are eligible.
And do not confuse Aeronautical with Aerospace as both are different
3rd April 2015, 11:00 AM
SmilyRishu

Yes you are definite eligible for doing the M-Tech in aeronautical engineering after completed the B-Tech in the mechanical engineering.

The aeronautical is different to that you mechanical engineering so you give he exam of GATE after complete the B-Tech.

The minimum passing marks in the gate required is 26 after that you are eligible for doing the M-Tech. If you get the above 60 Marks out if 100 In GATE exam then you are eligible for M-TECH in the govt collage.

My suggestion to you is that if you completed the B_TECH degree by mechanical engineering the you parsing M-TECH By mechanical because Aeronautical and MECHANICAL both are different and have no relation between them.
3rd April 2015, 10:12 PM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, you can opt for the MTech if you have done your Btech in Mechanical Engineering.

For that you have to write the GATE examination according whose rank the admissions are given to the students for the course of MTech in various universities either government or deemed across the country.
29th May 2015, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I study M.tech in aeronautical engineering after completing B.E Electrical engineering.
6th June 2015, 05:42 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

1.Ofcourse you can choose Aeronautical Engineering in your post graduation after doing your graduation course in Mechanical engineering.

2.Yeah for that there are many entrance tests evailable in India Ex:-GATE.

3.GATE is the test conducted by CBSE to get admitted in to the IIT's,NIT's.

4.So you try to attempt for the GATE exam which is pretty tough then any other exam.

5.If you clear this exam with good marks then you can join in the IIT or NIT and can do your M.Tech in Aeronautical stream.

Hope this information is helpful to you..................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?