26th January 2016, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Can a literature graduate study MA in History subject?

I did my graduation in english Hons. I have secured 61% marks in aggregate. Now i want to do MA in History subject. So i want to know if it is possible or not?

26th January 2016, 09:11 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a literature graduate study MA in History subject?

I am extremely sorry to state that you are not eligible for MA degree course in History. This is because the basic eligibility for post graduation degree course in History is - you need to be a graduate in the field of History or related fields. Since you did your graduation in English which is not related to History, so you are not eligible for MA course in History.
26th January 2016, 11:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did my graduation in english Hons. I have secured 61% marks in aggregate. Now i want to do MA in History subject. So i want to know if it is possible or not?
No, B.A in History candidates are not eligible for M.A in History subject.

Those candidates who have completed B.A in History or its equivalent from a recognized university are eligible for M.A.(History) admission.

Your age should be above 18 years.
26th January 2016, 11:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for MA in History after completing Graduation in Literature. Any stream students are eligible to pursue for M.A in History. Graduation is essential to apply for MA in History. It is essential score 50% marks at Graduation to get admission for MA in History
7th July 2016, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

I did! I did my graduation in English literature from DU and then pursued Masters in History from JNU. You have to give entrance exam for masters and clear the cut off. All the best!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?