7th February 2014, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Which college in India offers degree in Microbiology through Pathology?

I have doing diploma in Pathology from GMC and want to do my degree in microbiology through pathology.

Need your kind adivce on this and also let me which college in India offer such courses.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do MD pathology after completing MSc Microbiology
  2. The TamilNaduDr. M.G.R. Medical university MDS in Oral Pathology and Microbiology- Oral Pathology, Microbiology and Forensic Odontology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  3. How to do MSc microbiology or Pathology after completing BSc MLT in Warangal
  4. How may I do Ph.D in Microbiology or Molecular Biology? I've done MDS in Oral pathology
  5. Am I eligible for MD Pathology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  6. In which stream should I do my PG after completing BSc Microbiology course with 13-14 years of work experience in Pathology?
  7. How to do Ph.d in India while pursuing MSc in Microbiology?
  8. List of colleges for M.Sc(microbiology) through correspondence in Guntur? I've completed my B.Sc(microbiology)
  9. Can I open my own Pathology Laboratory after MSc in Microbiology (PG)? what is the required qualification for that? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of colleges offering M.Sc course with Microbiology stream through correspondence in Guntur?
  11. How should I take up master degree in Pathology in Medical or Science College?
  12. Master Degree in Pathology in India?
  13. Am I eligible to open my own Pathology Laboratory after doing MSc Microbiology and DMLT?
  14. Which PG courses can I do related to my my field of dentistry? Institutes offering the course? Syllabus for preparing for MSc course?
  15. Whether student having a degree in B.Tech Biotechnology can get admission in M.Tech Microbiology in India?
  16. Which course should I pursue after BSc Microbiology if I want to open a Pathology lab?
  17. Salary packages in Hospitals after PG Pathology? Maximum salary that I would get in India after DNG MD(Pathology)?
  18. How to study Pathology after passing BSc Microbiology? Procedure for the same?
12th February 2014, 12:49 AM
naveen1221

Default Re: Which college in India offers degree in Microbiology through Pathology?

Hello Friend !!

There are many colleges in India that offers Graduation Programmes in Microbiology.

The only qualification you should have to get into thoses programmes is Intermediate or Diploma with Science/Maths/Biology as main subjects.

Since you have done your Diploma in Pathology, this should cover Maths in first year and also Biology in the entire course structure.

Graduation Courses in Microbiology:

B.Sc Honors Microbiology.

Top Colleges offering UG and PG Microbiology Courses are :

University of Delhi,New Delhi

Kurukeshtra University

Annai violet College for Women,Chennai

Osmania University,Hyderabad

Chadudary Charan Singh haryana agriculture university,Haryana

University of Mumbai,Mumbai

Kakatiya University,Warangal

Jiwaji University,Gwalior

Padmashree Dr.DY Patil University,Mumbai

St.xavier's College,Kolkata

Alpha arts and Science College,Mumbai

Topiwala National of Technology,Hyderabad

Global Institute of Technology,Hyderabad

Punjab University,Chandigarh

Eligibility Criteria:

You should Pass with 70% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent.

And you should have English, Physics, Chemistry & Maths/Biology/Biotechnology subjects in your 10+2.

Admission will be also based on the entrance test conducted at college or university level.

Job Prospects after the Course :-

Medical Microbiologists

Public Health Microbiologist

Bacteriologists

Agricultural Microbiologist

Industrial Microbiologists

Marine Microbiologists

Environmental Microbiologists

Food Microbiologists

Mycologists

Immunologists

Parasitologist

Biochemist

Teachers

General Microbiologists

Virologists

Also Higher Studies After Graduation :

M.Sc. (Applied Microbiology)

M.Sc. (Hons.) (Microbiology)

M.Sc. (Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics)

M.Sc. (Microbiology)

Ph.D. (Microbiology)

Diploma Courses in Microbiology

Advance Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Microbiology

Good Luck !!
12th February 2014, 06:49 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which college in India offers degree in Microbiology through Pathology?

Microbiology is basically the study of the Microorganism,such as unicellular or else the the cell cluster micro organisms.So it generally includes the study of the immune system or immunology.And Pathology is the study of identification,management of diseases,nature and affecting of the Oral and axiomatically regions.

Generally Pathology is the science which investigates the causes and effects of the various diseases.For doing further studies in the Oral pathology and microbiology you must have a minimum of Bachelor of Dental surgery qualification.You can find the job opportunities in the Private dental hospitals as well as government dental hospitals.

You can even go and find a job as professor as the Oral pathology as well as Microbiology department in the best Universities/Institutes.So to go for the studies you need to follow the rules maintained by the particular Institutes/Universities.If you want to find other job opportunities other than this field,then you can enter and apply for the job in the medical services of the Air force,Navy,Indian Army under the ministry of Defense sector.

Some of the best colleges you can opt for this course are,Manipal College of Dental Sciences,Manipal,Karnataka.Dayanand College of Dental Science,Bangalore.The Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University,Chennai.Bharati Vidyapeeth Dental college and Hospital,Pune.College of Dental Sciences,Karnataka.GITAM Dental College and Hospital,A.P.Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara University,Karnataka and more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?