12th June 2012, 10:31 AM
paradisema

How to study Pathology after passing BSc Microbiology? Procedure for the same?

I am a BSc microbiology passed student and I am looking forward to study pathology. would i study it and how? what is the procedure?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study MD-Pathology course if completed M.Sc(Microbiology) and DMLT? -- [New]
  2. In which stream should I do my PG after completing BSc Microbiology course with 13-14 years of work experience in Pathology?
  3. Am I eligible for Pathology after passing BSc MLT?
  4. How to do MSc microbiology or Pathology after completing BSc MLT in Warangal
  5. Which course should I pursue after BSc Microbiology if I want to open a Pathology lab?
  6. Is Diploma in Clinical Pathology equivalent to MD in Pathology? Can I study MD in Pathology after completing Diploma in Clinical Pathology?
  7. How to do MSc in Microbiology after passing BSc in Microbiology
  8. How to do MD pathology after completing MSc Microbiology
  9. Which college in India offers degree in Microbiology through Pathology?
  10. Eligibility to take admission in MD Pathology?
  11. Which course to choose to study in abroad after doing BSc Microbiology between Food Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology?
  12. The TamilNaduDr. M.G.R. Medical university MDS in Oral Pathology and Microbiology- Oral Pathology, Microbiology and Forensic Odontology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. Am I eligible to study MSc Pathology after completing BSc MLT?
  14. Is BSc Microbiology enough for getting a good job? PG in diploma or just BSc Microbiology : Which has a better future?
  15. Procedure to apply for MD Pathology course after completing BSc and diploma course in Medical laboratory? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Microbiology has more scope in Abroad? Procedure and criteria to study Microbiology in Abroad?
  17. Am I eligible for MD Pathology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  18. Am I eligible to join MSc in Pathology after passing BSc MLT final year?
29th September 2012, 11:59 AM
bhaskar51

Default Re: How to study Pathology after passing BSc Microbiology? Procedure for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradisema View Post
I am a BSc microbiology passed student and I am looking forward to study pathology. would i study it and how? what is the procedure?
The B.Sc. Audiology and Speech Language Pathology is a graduate level course that deals with the problems related to speech and hearing. There are numerous higher studies options available for a person if he wishes to pursue his advanced studies. If it is their wish to become a speech pathologist or audiologist, it is necessary for them to have a Masters degree in the related subject. More details on the higher studies options are given below.

Qualification Criteria for Higher Studies in Audiology after B.Sc

The minimum qualification required by one to pursue the postgraduate level courses in Audiology is a graduate level degree in Speech and Hearing. Those who have a BASLP degree from a recognized institution can join as well. The admittance of students is done as per the marks scored in the national or state level admission test carried out by the concerned institution.

Higher study options in Audiology after B.Sc

Students can go for any of these courses subsequent to the completion of their B.Sc in Audiology course.

M.Sc Audiology
M.Sc Audiology & speech therapy
M.Sc Hearing, Speech and Language
M.Sc. (Speech-Language Pathology)
Masters in Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology (MASLP)
Doctoral Program in Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences
Ph.D. (Audiology)
Ph.D. (Speech-Language Pathology)
Subjects covered under Higher Studies in Audiology

The subjects that are covered in the M.Sc Audiology course are cited below:

Assessment and management of central auditory processing disorders
Audiology in practice
Auditory physiology
Basics in auditory perception
Electrophysiological assessment of the auditory system
Implantable devices for the hearing impaired
Neurophysiology of hearing
Physiological assessment of the auditory system
Psychophysics of audition in normal
Psychophysics of audition in the hearing impaired
Research methods in speech-language & hearing
Speech Perception
Speech perception in clinical population
Statistics in speech-language & hearing
Technology for speech-language & hearing
Career Opportunities after Higher studies in Audiology

The career opportunities available for a person who has completed his masters in Audiology are many. Firms of both the private as public sectors take in students of Audiology. A few of them in the health sector comprise of:

Acousticians
Audiological Scientists
Auditory Scientists
ENT / Audiological Physicians
Hearing Aid Audiologists
Hearing Therapists
Research Audiologist
Audiologists can also get work as university lecturers in Audiology as well as other related areas. Professionals in this area can get jobs with NGO’s as well. It is also a good option for audiologists to start their own clinics.

It is a fact that the number of Audiologists today is very less when opposed to the number of people, both adults and children, who are afflicted with hearing diseases. One thus can say that the scope for a person in this field is quite huge. The income of an audiologist depends on his competence in practice. The initial salary a person will get in this field will be as much as Rs.5, 000-Rs.7, 000 each month. With more experience, they can earn around Rs.10, 000 and more.
13th April 2013, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to study Pathology after passing BSc Microbiology? Procedure for the same?

I am a b.sc microbio student and want to m.sc io food micro.what is the eligibilty and colleges of m.sc in west bengal about food microbio?
6th February 2014, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Can i b a pathologist after completing M.Sc?? I have not taken chemistry subject now in B.Sc, is chemistry required?? After M.Sc which college should i join for training in pathology?
11th February 2017, 03:51 AM
Unregistered

Can I become a MD. Pathologist after my bsc in microbiology?? What will I have to do??
11th August 2020, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Can i study msc.pathology after completing my bsc. microbiology or biochemistry
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?