29th January 2019, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BTech(Biotechnology) for 12th PCB without Mathematics student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a student of PCB in 12th standard. I have not taken Mathematics. So, kindly tell me in this case I will be eligible to study BTech course with Biotechnology stream? Please let me know about this immediately.

7th February 2019, 04:50 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BTech(Biotechnology) for 12th PCB without Mathematics student?

The basic eligibility criteria required to pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology is that the candidate must have passed in 10 + 2 with subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology, physics, chemistry subjects combination from a recognised board.
Yes, you are eligible to pursue BTech in biotechnology being a PCB student.
7th February 2019, 11:27 PM
EducationConsultant

Default Re: Eligibility to study BTech(Biotechnology) for 12th PCB without Mathematics student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam, I am a student of PCB in 12th standard. I have not taken Mathematics. So, kindly tell me in this case I will be eligible to study BTech course with Biotechnology stream? Please let me know about this immediately.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with at least 50% marks are eligible to study BTech (Biotechnology) course in various engineering colleges / universities.

They have to appear and qualify the entrance examination for the admission to study BTech (Biotechnology) course. Duration of the BTech (Biotechnology) course is four years. Candidates can study the BTech (Biotechnology) without Mathematics in the following colleges:
  1. VIT - http://chennai.vit.ac.in/admissions/eligibility
  2. Amity Institute of Biotechnology - http://www.amity.edu/aib/A05041.asp
  3. SRM University - http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/admission-india/Eligibility/Engineering-and-Technology
  4. Thapar Institute - http://www.thapar.edu/admissions/pages/eligibility
8th February 2019, 08:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to pursue B.Tech in biotechnology being a PCB student because as per the minimum eligibility criteria the candidate who has passed 10 + 2 with PCB or PCM is eligible to pursue this course.
8th February 2019, 09:29 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study B tech (biotechnology )for 12th PCB without mathematics students:-

The eligibility criteria for B tech biotechnology is a plus two in science stream. Candidates should also study PCBM subjects in plus two. For doing the master,s degree in BTech biotechnology, bachelor's degree is needed. Research options are also there for this subject. Various career opportunities are there in India and Abroad.
8th February 2019, 10:04 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study B tech( biotechnology) for 12th PCB without mathematics student;-

If you want to study B tech biotechnology, then you will have to qualify entrance exam.

Most of the colleges / universities conduct their own entrance exam for admission in undergraduate Biotechnology course.

Eligibility for B tech Biotechnology:-

The candidate must have passed 12th with 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology from a recognised board.

Some universities accept students with maths subjects also.
6th March 2019, 04:48 PM
Prince881993

Dear Aspirant,

Yes you are eligible to do B.tech Biotechnology with PCB. For general engineering PCM is compulsory , but in the case of B.Tech Biotechnology its not required.

Good Luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?