14th June 2020, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BE(Chemical Engineering) for a 12th Science NIOS student?

Dear friends, I am a student of 12th Science studying with NIOS Board. After completing my 12th I want to do BE(Chemical Engineering). Can you please let me know if I am eligible to do BE in this specialization or not?

15th June 2020, 07:57 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BE(Chemical Engineering) for a 12th Science NIOS student?

The minimum education required to pursue Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, being a student of Class 12th with Science stream, you are certainly eligible to pursue Bachelor of Engineering degree course in Chemical engineering or any other discipline even if you are from NIOS board as NIOS board is one of only three national board of education.
15th June 2020, 08:31 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BE(Chemical Engineering) for a 12th Science NIOS student?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.E in Chemical engineering.

The common eligiblility to get admission in the B.Tech or B.E course from a recognised university is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in PCM as main paper.

NIOS is a recognised board and affiliated to MHRD. So, you are eligible to appear for various examination conducted by different institutions for admission in the course.
15th June 2020, 08:59 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study BE(Chemical Engineering) for a 12th Science NIOS student:-

. Candidates must have completed their time Plus two examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from a recognised Educational Board.
. Candidates must have scored at least 55% aggregate in 10 + 2 examination.
. SC and ST candidates have a relaxation of 5% in aggregate.
16th June 2020, 09:57 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is a recognised board. It is affiliated to MHRD.

So, candidate passed from the board are eligible to get admission in higher studies.

The common eligibility to get admission in B.Tech Chemical engineering course is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM as main paper.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?