25th June 2018, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BE(Civil Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student?

Dear friends, I am a student of 12th Science studying with NIOS Board. After completing my 12th I want to do BE in Civil Engineering. Can you please let me know about that I am eligible to do BTech in this specialization or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study BTech(Mechanical Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student?
  2. Eligibility to study Biotechnology for a NIOS student from Agra?
  3. Eligibility to study Diploma in Environmental Technology for 12th Science NIOS student? List of colleges offering admission?
  4. Eligibility to study BSc(Medical Laboratory Technology) for 12th Science NIOS student?
  5. Am I eligible to study abroad after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  6. Eligibility to study Political Science Honours in Delhi University for an NIOS student?
  7. Eligibility to study Diploma in Immunology & Blood Transfusion for 12th Science NIOS student? List of colleges offering admission?
  8. Eligibility to study LLB for 12th Humanities NIOS student? -- [New]
  9. Eligibility to study BE(Genetic Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student?
  10. Which is better to study among BCA and B.Sc(IT) for 12th NIOS Science candidate?
  11. Courses available to study in Abroad after 12th for 10th NIOS student?
  12. Courses available to study in Singapore on 12th basis for NIOS student?
  13. Whether a differently abled candidate is eligible to study Science additionally in 10th ICSE? Whether pursuing 12th from NIOS will enable his admission in Professional colleges?
  14. Whether NIOS students get Student Visa to study in Abroad?
  15. Is NIOS acceptable to study abroad?
  16. Whether NIOS certificate is acceptable to study in Abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I study B.Sc or BHMS after completing 12th NIOS? Does NIOS has any value in abroad?
  18. Possibility to get transfer from NIOS Board for 10th NIOS student? List of HS Science schools in Kolkata?
30th June 2018, 09:47 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BE(Civil Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student?

First thing I would like to let you know that NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and same is one of the three Central universities in India apart from CBSE and ICSE.

Also, the basic education required for pursuing B.E. ( Bachelor of Engineering )/ Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects with at least 45% marks overall from a recognized board of education.

As far as you are concerned about the eligibility to pursue B.E. ( Bachelor of Engineering ) in Civil engineering being a student of NIOS board then I would like to let you know that the eligibility for pursuing the B.E. degree course is same for NIOS board student too and is mentioned above.

Further, for pursuing B.E./B.Tech degree course in civil engineering from top engineering colleges, you need to qualify entrance examinations such as JEE, State EEE/CETs, SRMEEE, VITEEE, BITSAT, etc. .
30th June 2018, 12:52 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BE(Civil Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friends, I am a student of 12th Science studying with NIOS Board. After completing my 12th I want to do BE in Civil Engineering. Can you please let me know about that I am eligible to do BTech in this specialization or not?

The NIOS is one of the recognized boards in India. Therefore, students who have passed 12th science through NIOS are eligible to apply for the BE Civil Engineering admission. Students should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th and should have obtained at least 50% marks for the admission to study BE Civil Engineering. Students have to appear for the entrance examination like BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMJEEE, Manipal Entrance Exam, AEEE, COMDEK UGET, Entrance Test conducted by the State Government - Technical Education, etc. for the admission to study BE Civil Engineering.
30th June 2018, 02:53 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is a National Institute of Open Schooling it is a recognised board.

Candidate passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper are eligible to appear for entrance examination conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.

So, if you have the required qualification you are eligible to appear in examination and get admission in the Bachelor in Engineering.
30th June 2018, 04:45 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling. It is a recognized board.

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Engineering course is senior secondary board examination passed with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

You must apply for entrance exams like JEE, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE etc to get admission in top engineering colleges of India.
30th June 2018, 05:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in Civil Engineering course after 12th. The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.

The entrance examination is conducted for admission in private and government colleges.

Some of the institutes conduct examination of its own for admission.
30th June 2018, 06:24 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

B.E is Bachelor in Engineering and is four year course. You are eligible to get admission in Civil Engineering stream after qualifying in examination.

You have to appear and qualify in examination for admission in government colleges and some of the private institutes.

Some of the private institutes also conduct entrance examination for admission in their own institute.
30th June 2018, 07:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed class 12th with PCM stream, then surely you will be eligible for engineering entrance exams like JEE Main. NIOS is a recognised way to complete your schooling.

Hence, just make sure you have studied the right stream and have got at least 50% marks in the class 12th PCM stream. Admission will be based on performance in the entrance exam and seats are allotted through counselling.
30th June 2018, 07:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue B.tech in Civil Engineering after completing 12th from NIOS Board.
Board does not create any problem in admission. Degree from NIOS Board is also valid. You can complete 12th from any of the board and after completing it you will definitely get admission to pursue B.Tech. You have to clear JEE Mains entrance examination to get admission. Admission will be done on the basis of rank you got.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?