19th December 2013, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Graduate with B.A. (English) is eligible for IAS Exam?

I am a graduate now with B.A (english) and I want to do preparation for IAS further.

Information i could find on the internet created a bit doubt in my mind about my subjects in graduation .Though i have a bachelor degree but i don't have any subject mentioned as following for being eligible for IAS exams

"Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification"

I was having following subjects in Graduation -English Literature , Sociology and Economics .

so please guys tell me the right thing ,am i eligible or not?

thanks

8th January 2014, 07:21 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Graduate with B.A. (English) is eligible for IAS Exam?

Yes, of course you are eligible for the IAS exam. Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering these subjects are for the science students.

So, don't worry you can apply for the IAS exam as the Arts student and as you have economics and Sociology in graduation then you can apply for the IAS with these subjects.

Eligibility for the IAS:
The candidate should be Indian.
The candidate should have minimum 50% marks in graduation.
And there is no necessity to have any particular subject in graduation and in the mains exam you have to choose a combination of subject which are the subjects of your mains exam.

There are number of attempts which are given below:
For Gen: 4 attempts
For OBC: 7 attempts
For SC: No limits

And there is 3 stages for clear the IAS exam:
Preliminary exam
Mains exam
Interview

so you have to clear all the 3 stages after that you will be able to get job.
For related Courses and others Details Visit- http://studentstudyhub.com

And this exam is conducted by the UPSC and it is one of the toughest exam which are conducted by the UPSC. So, you should do hard work for clear the IAS exam.
9th January 2014, 06:30 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

You are absolutely eligible to apply for IAS Examination. Bachelor's degree is enough to apply for IAS Examination. There is no restriction on the bachelors degree. Any graduate candidate can apply for IAS Examination. Even Post graduate may also eligible to apply.

"Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification"

The above Academic Qualification is applicable only for Forest Examination and that Qualification not applicable for IAS Examination. So don't worry you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination. You must hold degree in any reputed Institution. Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years at the time of appearing for the examination. Relaxation is applicable as per Government Norms. The exam announcement will be publish in the month of February or March in the official website.
11th April 2015, 01:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to sit for IAS exam after completion of your graduation in English.

UPSC conducts civil services exam every year for recruitment to various posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria for IAS exam are following:-

- The candidate must be an Indian with valid residence certificate.

-The qualification required is graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years.However,there is age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidate and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is four times for General category,seven times for OBC candidate and no limit for SC/ST candidate.

-The exam process involves three stages.These are

*Preliminary Examination

* Main Examination

*Personality Interview.
26th May 2015, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I am a graduate in English with 46% .may I applicable for ias exam 2015.what should be my subjects for mains?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?