23rd April 2020, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Lecturer for a BSc Mathematics Honours student?

Hello Sir, I am studying BSc with Mathematics Honours. I am in my 2nd year and I want to know that what I have to do for becoming a Lecturer as it is my aim to become a Maths Lecturer. Please help me in this regard.

26th April 2020, 07:22 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become a Lecturer for a BSc Mathematics Honours student?

To be become an Assistant Professor (lecturer) in any recognised university, you are required to qualify entrance examinations such as NET/SET/SLET.

Further, the minimum education required to appearing in these examinations is a Master's degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, being student of B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics degree course, to become a lecturer of Maths, you are required to complete your Master's degree in Mathematics with at least 55% marks (or 50% marks in case of reserved category candidates) and then you need to qualify NET/SET examinations.
27th April 2020, 12:37 AM
kuwaitjob

1.For becoming a college lecturer, you must have atleast a post graduate degree like MSc, M Com,MA.
2.Next thing you should pass the NET exam (National Eligibility Test) in your major subject to become college lecturer.

With BSc you will be eligible to teach in schools and along with that you must take B.Ed also to teach in schools.
27th April 2020, 09:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become a lecturer, you have to appear and qualify in NET examination.

The required minimum educational qualification to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

There is no upper age limit to appear in the examination.

So, you can pursue master degree to become eligible to appear in the examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible for recruitment as lecturer.
29th April 2020, 02:47 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

--To become a Lecturer for B.sc Mathematics Honours Student are as follows:-

:- Must complete 12th with minimum of 50-60%Mark's in any of the stream.

:- Must complete minimum of one year duration of B.Ed course.

:- Must complete Graduation with minimum of 50%Mark's.

After completion of these stages,you are eligible to appear the CTET exam and after cracking it you are eligible to join as a Lecturer.
7th June 2020, 06:47 PM
HGK7

To become a Lecturer for B.sc Mathematics Honours Student are as follows:-
  • Must complete 12th with minimum of 50-60%Mark's in any of the stream.
  • Must complete minimum of one year duration of B.Ed course.
  • Must complete Graduation with minimum of 50%Mark's.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?