8th January 2018, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

How a GNM qualified person can get admission in MBBS?

Hello Sir, I'm Subhash Kumar. I passed out 12th, 2012, and after that I did GNM course, I completed my course and I'm working at Medanta the medicity hospital for last 1 year. I want to do MBBS, how can I get admission please give it to me some advice.

8th January 2018, 03:42 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How a GNM qualified person can get admission in MBBS?

Admission in Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery course is done on basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria:

1. The age criteria is 17-25 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates can get upper age relaxation.

2. PCB subjects in 12th and minimum of 50% marks in 12th.

If you meet both this criteria then you can apply for NEET exam and secure a good rank for admission in good MBBS college of India.
8th January 2018, 07:49 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery Course.

GNM candidates are eligible for MBBS course. The entrance examination for admission in MBBS course is through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria:

Academic qualification: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject. You should have minimum 50% marks.

The age limit for general category candidate is 17-25 years. In case of OBC it is 3 years and five years upper age limit for SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for NEET 2018 if you meet above requirements for NEET exam.
8th January 2018, 08:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed GNM then you can not get direct admission in MBBS but you will get admission in MBBS either through qualifying the entrance examination or through management quota seat.
There is no procedure which is set for the GNM students to get direct admission in MBBS. You will get admission in this course on the basis of your 12th class not on the basis of your GNM diploma course.
8th January 2018, 09:05 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for pursuing MBBS:

Aspirants should have done 10 + 2 with PCB from a recognised board with minimum of 50% marks.

Age limit should be in between 17 to 25 years whereas relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserve students.

They have to qualify the NEET examination.

Being a GNM student you have to appear in the entrance examination and if you're qualified in that examination then only you will be eligible to take admission otherwise on the basis of GNM you won't get directly Lateral entry.
8th January 2018, 11:14 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed your class 12th examination with a subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Biology, then you can definitely apply for the MBBS course on the basis of class 12th qualification.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in Science stream studying PCB as a subject combination from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the MBBS course.
9th January 2018, 12:12 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I'm Subhash Kumar. I passed out 12th, 2012, and after that I did GNM course, I completed my course and I'm working at Medanta the medicity hospital for last 1 year. I want to do MBBS, how can I get admission please give it to me some advice.

There is no lateral entry admission to the MBBS program. GNM qualified candidates also have to appear for the NEET examination for taking admission to the MBBS program. Therefore, candidates have to think twice before joining the MBBS course after GNM. Candidates have to study again 5 years to complete MBBS. The upper age limit for the NEET is 25 years for general category candidates and 25+5 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates. Candidates should have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with at least 50% marks to be eligible for the NEET.
9th January 2018, 07:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required for MBBS admission is class 12th with PCB stream from a recognized board of education. If you have this qualification, then surely you will be eligible for medical entrance exam.

Every year various nursing and B.Sc students appear for medical entrance. Hence, no need to worry, just be prepared for the entrance exam.
25th October 2020, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Bams fees structure total year in pvt college
30th August 2021, 12:27 AM
Available here
Senior Member+

GNM Full Form- General Nursing Midwifery.

Candidates must have 12th passed with minimum 50%marks with Subjects Physics Chemistry and Biology from a recognized university.

Yes,GNM candidates are Eligible for MBBS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?