1st September 2016, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

How much marks in UG is required for admission in distance LLB?

I have passed B.Com from Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University. I want to do LLB through distance mode. Is it possible? If yes, then how much marks in UG is required for admission and what is the process.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission to LLB through Distance Education?
  2. Can I study LLB in distance education? -- [New]
  3. Can i take admission in Law course at 34 years age?
  4. Admission in LLB course under CU is possible with 47% marks in graduation? Criteria required to fulfill for admission?
  5. Three year LLB after graduation in commerce with 41.50% marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Where I can get admission for LLB distance learning after completion of higher secondary studies with 60% marks?
  7. What is the qualification criteria required to pursue LLB (distance mode)? Which college provide the course and what is the procedure of admission?
  8. List of distance LLB courses and colleges in Odhisha?
  9. Am I eligible for LLB (distance education) in Kolkata or Pune? I've passed 10+2 with 63.4% marks
  10. I s it possible to do LLB through distance? What is the eligibility for LLB? Where are the colleges located for LLB?
  11. Cutoff marks required for admission in LLB?
  12. Percentage required to take admission in 12th for LLB course?
  13. How to do LLB through distance education?
  14. How to get admission for 3 years LLB course through distance mode? I have passed M.Com with 42% marks
  15. Procedure of admission in LLB course after graduation being a repeater in B.Com last year?
  16. Name of Universities in Mumbai offering LLB through distance education? Admission procedure and last date to apply for the same?
  17. How to take admission in B.A LLB course in long distance college in Delhi University
  18. How to take admission in LLB after passing B.Com from Delhi University with 38% marks?
2nd September 2016, 08:26 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much marks in UG is required for admission in distance LLB?

Yes, definitely you can pursue LLB course after the completion of B.Com from Dr. Ambedkar Open University, there will be no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for LLB course.
So, you can definitely pursue the above mentioned course.
2nd September 2016, 10:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot do LLB through distance education. Although some universities offers law degrees through distance education but, they are not recognized by the Bar Council of India.

This means you cannot practice LLB through distance mode since the Bar Council of India does not recognize them. It also means you won't be able to register with Bar Council of India.

The only option to pursue LLB is through regular mode.

Admission procedure: You must have to appear and qualify in any of the following entrance examinations:

> Common Law Admission Test.

> Law School Admission Test.

> National Academy for Legal Studies and Research Test.

Most of the institutes demands for the raking in the merit list of the above examinations followed by a personal interview.

Most of the institutes requires that the candidate must pass their graduation with 45% marks, whereas some asks for 55%. A candidate who wants to enroll for the 5 year BA LLB program, has to clear his/her 10+2 with 55% marks.
2nd September 2016, 10:27 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot do LLB through distance education. Although some universities offers law degrees through distance education but, they are not recognized by the Bar Council of India.

This means you cannot practice LLB through distance mode since the Bar Council of India does not recognize them. It also means you won't be able to register with Bar Council of India.

Admission procedure: You must have to appear and qualify in any of the following entrance examinations:

Most of the institutes demands for the raking in the merit list of the above examinations followed by a personal interview.

Most of the institutes requires that the candidate must pass their graduation with 45% marks, whereas some asks for 55%. A candidate who wants to enroll for the 5 year BA LLB program, has to clear his/her 10+2 with 55% marks.
2nd September 2016, 11:21 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed degree from recognised university are eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in three year duration LLB course.

So, you can appear for entrance examination conducted by respective institute. The minimum required aggregate for admission in most of universities and colleges is 50% relaxation for reserved category of 5% aggregate.
3rd September 2016, 01:36 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to pursue LLB through distance education. Though some of the universities offers law degrees through distance education but, they are not recognized by the Bar Council of India.

So, it means that you cannot practice LLB through distance mode and you won't be able to register with Bar Council of India.

The admission procedure for LLB course: You must have to appear and qualify any of the following entrance examinations :-

Most of the institutes demands that the candidate must qualify their graduation with 45% marks whereas some requires 55% marks.

A candidate who wants to enroll for the 5 year LLB course, has to clear his/her 10+2 with minimum 55% marks.
11th September 2016, 12:46 PM
saikat_samudra
Member+

No, you can't do LLB Through distance education, Some universities offers law degrees through distance education but they are not recognized by the Bar Council of India. The only option you must have to appear and qualify any of the following entrance examinations:
Common Law Admission Test.
Law Admission Test
National Academy for Legal Studies and Research Test

If you want to enroll for the 5 year LLb course you have to clear 10+2 exam with 50% of marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?