7th February 2014, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Is MBBS a good choice after 12th Biology?

I am a student of 12 science (PCB). and confuse what do after completing 12. i am in Biology and want to continue with Medical . i was thinking to choose MBBS for my career. Is this a good choice and what i should do after 12 for MBBS or no. of exams n course to apply for MBBS
. Can I Do BDS after MBBS?

Related Questions:
  1. What are the careers in the field of science? I am a 11th student
  2. How can I do MBBS with biology after passing class 12th?
  3. Have interest in Biology but no interest in MBBS : Which course is suitable for me after 12th?
  4. Courses in biology after 12th, except MBBS? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What are the career options available after completing 12th Biology other than MBBS? Can a student appear for CPMT having biology as a additional subject in 12th?
  6. Can I do MBBS after completing MLT with Biology in 12th?
  7. Can I get admission in MBBS courses in India if I have done 12th(Mathematics) from India and Prerequisite for Physician from USA?
  8. How to do MBBS after passing 12th? I am a commerce student and have a biology subject
  9. How to study for MBBS? I am a 12th Maths Biology student
  10. Should I drop my engineering after 3rd sem and join B.Sc program as my future aim is to do MBBS? Can I get admission in MBBS after doing B.Sc as I do not have biology in 12th?
  11. Is it possible to do MBBS after completing engineering? Am I eligible to sit for MBBS exams?
  12. EAMCET eligibilty for MBBS if I didn't have biology in 12th?
  13. Career opportunities in Biology Stream?
  14. Entrance exams after 12th Biology? when and where to get various application forms for medical entrance exams?
  15. Courses in Biology other than MBBS? Courses available and the institutes around Delhi?
  16. Is MBBS the best career option for me after passing 12th with science and biology?
  17. Possibilities of joining MBBS after completing B.E ?
  18. What to opt after 12th biology other than mbbs?
18th February 2014, 07:35 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is MBBS a good choice after 12th Biology?

MBBS ---- Bachelor Of Medicine,Bachelor Of Surgery

Yes,MBBS is a very good course and very challenging.MBBS Course generally last for five to six years of duration.This degree is awarded to the candidates after the completion of this Undergraduate course.For this course to be eligible candidate must have completed their 12th class from the Physics,Chemistry and Biology subjects.You need to appear for the entrance exam called NEET for getting admission in to the MBBS course.

This NEET(National Eligibility cum entrance test) is the common medical entrance examination.
Many career opportunities are available for you,so other than the BDS course you may go for the various courses listed below after the completion of this Bachelor Degree course.Generally soon after the completion of this MBBS Course you will be rewarded as a Doctor, or Physician or an Expert Surgeon.You may go for the various postgraduate courses.The various branches in the Surgery or Medicine or M.D/M.S/Ph.D or M.Ch.

There are even good number of options in Medicine are Pediatrics,Dermatology,Plastic Surgery,Ear nose,Cardiology,Throat,Orthopedics,Anaesthesia,Psy chiatry,Radiology and more.Generally there is a good demand for M.D and M.S courses which gives high value to the professionals.You can even go for the Master of Business Administration(MBA) course.Because there is a good demand for the medical students in the Healthcare Industry.If you still interested you can then go for the Researches.You can do research in the various centers like Center for Cellular and molecular biology,National institute of Medical health and Neurosciences,Indian Council for Medical Research and more.
24th February 2014, 12:30 PM
maculahealthcare

Post Re: Is MBBS a good choice after 12th Biology?

Doing MBBS is indeed a good choice. With number of medical colleges increasing every year in the country, to grab your seat, you need to study hard and crack the medical entrance examination.
25th March 2014, 12:04 AM
naveen1221

Hello friend !!

MBBS --- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

Yes this is the best field in medicine for any Science student to get in.

The MBBS course comprises four and a half years, followed by compulsory rotatory internship of one year.

The course follows semester system and each semester consisting of six months.

The MBBS course is divided in to three phases :

Pre-clinical,
Para-clinical and
Clinical Phase.

Eligibility Criteria to get into MBBS Course is :

You must be a 10+2 passed out with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as Compulsory Subjects.

You should have obtained a minimum Aggregate Mark of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST candidates ) in your 10+2.

You must be an Indian citizen.

Your Age must be more than 17 (Seventeen) years.

You must be Qualified in the Entrance Exam for the admission into MBBS course.

The Entrance Examination for the course is conducted and handled by AIIMS(All India Institute of Medical Sciences).

Note: **

You asked about B.D.S after M.B.B.S, but let me tell you if you want to set your career or interested in B.D.S you can directly get into the course right after Intermediate.

The Qualification required for B.D.S courser is like, you should have attained 17 years of age.

And you should have obtained not less than 50% of the aggregate marks Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the qualifying examination.

The Top Medical Colleges in India :

SRM Medical College, Chennai.

Saraswati Institute of Medical Sciences, uttar pradesh.

MVJ Medical College & Research Hospital, Bangalore.

Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar, karnataka.

Vinayaka Missions University, Salem.

Saveetha Medical College, Chennai.

Sree Balaji Medical College & Hospital, Chennai.

Sree Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Puducherry.

DR.DY PATIL MEDICAL COLLEGES in Pune and Mumbai.

Shri BM Patil Medical College, Bijapur.

Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Secunderabad.

Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar.

Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education and Research(Meenakshi university), Chennai.

Tagore Institute Of Medical Science & Research Centre, Chennai.

Terna Medical college

NKP Salve Institute Of Medical Sciences

NDMVP Samaj Medical College

ACPM Medical College

Maharashtra Institute Of Medical Education

Maharashtra Institute Of Medical Sciences.

All the Best !!
10th March 2015, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of 12 class and want to pursue my career in biologu
what all opportunities do I have if I want to go into research work and lecturership
10th May 2015, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Which is valuable course after 12th (pcb group) except Mbbs
16th May 2016, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Hello..I have completed my Mlt( medical lab technician with science, now I'm interested to do MBBS do I have any choice can I do my. MBBS After doing Mlt with 12 plz sir Suggest me..

Thanking yours
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?