5th January 2015, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to switch colleges while doing B.Tech CSE degree which are affiliated to same HP University?

Hi,

I am Akhil from Shimla. I am currently studying in IITT in B.Tech(CSE) which is in H.P & is also affiliated to H.P but now I wan't to take admission in another college in B.Tech 2nd year which is also under H.P.

Is it possible?

9th January 2015, 12:41 PM
coolshaaz

Default Re: Is it possible to switch colleges while doing B.Tech CSE degree which are affiliated to same HP University?

It may be possible to change your college from one college to another after your B.Tech 1st Year.

You need to fulfill the following criteria to change the college from one college to another after completing your B.Tech 1st year:

1. You should get admitted to the new college, for which you need an original migration certificate from the old university/college.

2. If both the colleges are agree then only you can get transferred from one college to other college.

4. If you get fair percentage of marks then you can do it and moreover you need to get no due certificate and good conduct certificate from the present college that you are studying.

5. On the other hand the college which you want to join needs to agree with your proposal. Then the present college of yours will transfer your records to the joining college.

But, generally most of the colleges don't allow permission to the student to change the college
9th January 2015, 04:08 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to switch colleges while doing B.Tech CSE degree which are affiliated to same HP University?

Yes, you can transfer from one college to another college, which are affiliated to same university. To do so, first you have to get Transfer certificate from the principal of the college, in which you are currently studying. After getting the Transfer Certificate, you should apply for admission in another college by submitting the Transfer Certificate and all the certificates of your academics, which you have completed till now.
8th April 2015, 11:08 PM
amanshrivastava98

Such cases are the rarest of the rare cases and should be avoided as far as possible.

But if you really want to change the university while pursuing a course then it is possible.

Follow the steps below :

* It can be done in the case of a private to private college transfer or a government to private college transfer or a government to private college transfer.
No consider can be done for a private to government college transfer.

* Check the availablity of the seats in the college of your choice.

* Then you have to apply in the university under which that college falls and get the permission for the transfer form the highest authority of the university.

* If they say yes, then you have to apply for the transfer from the highest authority of your college.

NOTE :

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT take the transfer certificate in advance from your current college. Otherwise you will be in a big trouble.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?