8th May 2019, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to get BTech admission in IIT-Gandhinagar? Is there any entrance exam for admission?

Hello friends, I am a student of PCM studying in 12th standard. After my 12th, I want to do BTech in IIT-Gandhinagar. I want to know for admission, IIT-Gandhinagar would takes entrance exam? I want to know simply the admission procedure. If you know then please share it with me.

11th May 2019, 08:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get BTech admission in IIT-Gandhinagar? Is there any entrance exam for admission?

You need to appear for JEE Main and Advanced to get admission in B.Tech at IIT Gandhinagar. Hence, make sure you have excellent marks in class 12th PCM and also perform well in the entrance exam for admission.

Admission will be on merit which will be decided on the basis of marks in class 12th and your score in JEE, which is conducted every year on national level.
12th May 2019, 06:25 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get BTech admission in IIT-Gandhinagar? Is there any entrance exam for admission?

For admission in BTech in IIT-Gandhinagar, you have to appear in the IIT-JEE Main entrance exam. If you qualify the Main exam, you will need to appear in and qualify the JEE advanced. Thwn candidates are finally selected on the basis of rank obtained in the JEE advanced followed by counselling.

For details, you can visit the below mentioned website link;
https://www.iitgn.ac.in/btech_course.htm
12th May 2019, 10:33 PM
triptiiet
Senior Member+++++

1)Students who are born on or after October 1, 1992 are eligible to apply.

2)Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) have been given a relaxation of 5 years.

3)Aspiring candidates should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination

4)The candidates must have secured at least 75% marks or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th Class Examination conducted by respective boards.

5)For SC/ST students, there shall be a relaxation of 5% in this criterion.

6)Aadhar card is mandatory for all the Indian citizens who are taking JEE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?