11th June 2017, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to make a career in fashion designing

I have done BSc CS and I want to make career in fashion designing and art craft. What are procedure and good college for that?

11th June 2017, 08:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to make a career in fashion designing

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in fashion designing course after your bachelor degree course.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear for examination to get admission in M.F.M course ( Master of Fashion Management ).

So, you can appear for entrance examination conducted by NIFT and other private institutes such as Symbiosis for admission in course. To get information about NIFT visit at www.nift.ac.in.
12th June 2017, 03:16 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in fashion designing. You need to fulfill the below mentioned criteria.

The candidate should complete their 10+2 in any stream from recognized board.

There are many colleges like NIFT and it is located in different places like New Delhi, Bhopal, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad, Gandhi nagar, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur and etc.
You need to attend the entrance exam conducted by the NIFT. The exam has General Aptitude, Creative Aptitude.
If you clear the exam then you can get admission in fashion designing course.
12th June 2017, 04:15 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to make career in Fashion designing you should have creative mind and you need to take admission into Diploma course or Graduation course in Fashion Designing to pursue the same.
You can choose any of the Clothing designing, Footwear designing, Accessory designing, Costume designing, etc as your career option after completing fashion designing.
NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) is the best institute for fashion designing.It conducts entrance examination every year for admission into Diploma and Graduation courses.
To appear for this entrance exam, a candidate must have passed 12th standard from recognized board.
So, candidates have to score good rank in the entrance exam, in order to get admission.
NIFT have many branch situated all over in India and these are the best to study fashion designing.

For more details, kindly refer to the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AdmissionPolicy.pdf(165.0 KB, 4 views)
12th June 2017, 04:16 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to make career in Fashion designing you should have creative mind and you need to take admission into Diploma course or Graduation course in Fashion Designing to pursue the same.
You can choose any of the Clothing designing, Footwear designing, Accessory designing, Costume designing, etc as your career option after completing fashion designing.
NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) is the best institute for fashion designing.It conducts entrance examination every year for admission into Diploma and Graduation courses.
To appear for this entrance exam, a candidate must have passed 12th standard from recognized board.
So, candidates have to score good rank in the entrance exam, in order to get admission.
NIFT have many branch situated all over in India and these are the best to study fashion designing.

For more details, kindly refer to the attachment.
13th June 2017, 04:14 PM
GopinKumar

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to make a career in fashion designing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done BSc CS and I want to make career in fashion designing and art craft. What are procedure and good college for that?

Hi.. Appreciations for choosing the creative art field. You can definitely make a good career in it if you are sincere and hardworking in it. You can go for the courses like M.Deign in Fashion Deigning and M.Sc Design in Fashion Designing. The leading institutes to pursue those courses are

Best institutes to pursue Fashion Designing Courses are
-National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
-National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
-Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
-Pearl Academy, Delhi
-MIT Institute of Design, Pune
-Lovely Professional University, jalandhar
-Indian Institute of Arts and Design, Delhi
-Arch Academy Jaipur
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?