19th September 2021, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Qualification required for BCA course. Can a bio science student apply for BCA course or not?

Hi Sir I am a student of bio science . Me selected biology, chemistry, computer and other to compulsory Subjects. Can i join in BCA with this subjects.
I hared that only mathematic studied students are required for bca.
So sir my studied subjects are not allowed for BCA ?
Tnak you in advance.

20th September 2021, 06:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a bio science student apply for BCA course or not?

If you have completed 12th standard with bio science then you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application .

qualification for BCA course:-

The candidate should have completed 12th with any stream preferably science stream with at least 50% marks with mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognised board.

Your age should not be below 17 years.
20th September 2021, 07:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a bio science student apply for BCA course or not?

BCA is Bachelor in Computer Application. It is three year course from a recognised university.

The required eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board. Stream varies with institutions and universities. For more information about the admission procedure visit at the official website.
20th September 2021, 09:29 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

It is not mandatory to have Mathematics as main paper in std 12th to become eligible to pursue BCA course.

So, for the detail information about the admission procedure visit the official website of the institution.
20th September 2021, 10:30 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

BCA (Bachelors in Computer Application) is a 3-year undergraduate degree course that focuses on knowledge on the basis of computer application and software development. The minimum qualification required to study BCA is a candidate must have passed 10+2 in any stream with a minimum score of 45% to 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized board. This pass percentage might vary from college to college. Some colleges/universities take admission on a merit basis while some admit on the basis of written examinations and personal interviews.

Some universities allow only Mathematics students to join BCA which you can check before applying for this course.
20th September 2021, 10:40 PM
periwinkle09876

YES, you can do a BCA course despite being a Biology student you can do BCA course.
The idea of a BCA course is to provide an exposure to Information Technology, computers to students who do not want to do an Engineering and not having physics, chemistry and mathematics as a core subjects in that 12th.

Top universities for BCA course

Lovely Professional University

Hansraj college

Loyola college

St. Joseph's College of commerce
21st September 2021, 12:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir I am a student of bio science . Me selected biology, chemistry, computer and other to compulsory Subjects. Can i join in BCA with this subjects.
I hared that only mathematic studied students are required for bca.
So sir my studied subjects are not allowed for BCA ?
Tnak you in advance.
Yes, you can apply for BCA course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from recognized board are eligible for BCA course.

Your minimum age should be above 17 years.
21st September 2021, 01:52 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for BCA course:-

> Aspirant must have passed 10 + 2 from any stream with English as a subject with a minimum of a 45% to 55% marks in aggregate.

> While some colleges/ universities admit aspirants on merit basis, other admit students on the basis of personal interview and written examination.

Some universities maths is compulsory in 12th to join for BCA (Delhi University, Amity University) and in some universities, match is not compulsory to join for BCA (Lovely professional University). You can check the institutes website for more information.
22nd September 2021, 07:21 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

For BCA, candidate must have completed class 12th or equivalent exam with computer application/ computer science as an additional or core subject with atleast 50% marks from a reputed school...

The admission is granted both merit basis and entrance exam also..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?