20th May 2014, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Requirements at graduation level for IES or other government exams?

I finished my b.tech biotech and m.tech nanotech and if can i apply for ies or any other govt exam then what would be the requirements at graduation level.

23rd May 2014, 07:23 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements at graduation level for IES or other government exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I finished my b.tech biotech and m.tech nanotech and if can i apply for ies or any other govt exam then what would be the requirements at graduation level.
Hey friend,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service.

This exam is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is held every year and this exam is conducted for candidates to join in Engineering Organizations.

Having completed B.Tech,you will be eligible for applying for the exam as per the Education qualification needed for the exam.

The Education qualification needed for the exam states that the candidate should have completed B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university with a fair percentage and should have done in:
  • Civil Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering

The other criteria's which are also needed to be satisfied along with the Education qualification needed for the exam is that you should be satisfying the age limit needed and the Nationality standard and it is that:

>> The Nationality standard needed for the exam is that the candidate must have a Citizenship in India as per the standard.

>> The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years of age for General category candidate and there are certain relaxation for other category candidates and for SC/ST it is that the candidate should have 21-35 years and for OBC will get 3 years.

If you tend to satisfy all these above mentioned criteria's for the exam then you can apply for the IES Exam and you can apply for the exam in 2 modes

# ONLINE

# OFFLINE

For more info regarding the exam check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
15th April 2015, 04:22 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Requirements at graduation level for IES or other government exams?

Yes, you are eligible for the IES.

IES >>>>> Indian Engineering Services.

For IES, you have to appear in any of the following branches :

* Mechanical Engineering

* Civil Engineering

* Electrical Engineering

* Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

The exam is conducted by the UPSC and any engineering graduate is eligible for that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?